Misery

Lana's POV:  

I wake up before the sun, like I have every morning for the past 10 years. I roll over to see Christina is already awake and is trying to wipe away the evidence of last night.

"Chris, let me." I motion for her to hand over the dirty, wet cloth so I can clean her busted lip and eyebrow. 

She nods, handing me the cloth and kneeling in front of me, I dab at the wounds. 

"Beta?" I question her already knowing the answer. Alpha gave Christina to Beta so that he could take out his rage on her. Alpha uses me as his. That's all we are to them is objects that they use for their needs. If it's anger then we get a beating, if it's their sexual needs then we are forced to satisfy them. We are not people in their eyes, just things they use and abuse at their will.

"Yes, he was extra pissed last night. So we better be on our best behavior today." I nod agreeing with her.

"That's good enough, we better go before we make breakfast late again." Chris tells me as she starts to tremble at the memory. 

Last time we were late serving breakfast the Alpha made damn sure we would never make that mistake again. He took us to the cells and chained us to the wall with silver, he stripped us nude and whipped us with his favorite whip. It is leather, impregnated with wolfsbane and silver shards, making every mark it left a deep slash in the skin. He whipped us from head to toe, front and back. After his arms wore out, he then had his way with me until it was the next morning and we had to make breakfast again. Beta did the same to Chris. They have their way with us most nights, and god forbid if rogues cross our territory, Chris and I are forced to "deal with them". I shudder from that thought.

"Right, just let me put some medicine on it right quick." 

"Hurry Lana" I quickly grab the tube of cream from under the loose floorboard. A pack member took pity on me once and gave it to me, but if Alpha ever found it we would be beaten for sure. I rub the cream across her split skin, return the cream to its secret place and we rush off to the kitchen to get breakfast started. 

Me and Chris are werewolfs but due to our lack of nutrition and daily beatings we haven't heard from them if they are even still with us. We are practically human at this point, we don't heal quickly and we have only ever shifted once, which was horrible. Alpha locked us in the cells with no access to moonlight, making the shift last for hours and it was incredibly painful. Alpha and Beta watched for the first hour or so laughing at us. We didn't shift on the same day it was more like months apart I think. But they locked us in there together. After we shifted we were beaten for it and for also being weak, pathetic wolves. 

We rush around the kitchen being completely silent. I would hate to wake anyone, that ended with glass embedded in my face and a broken jaw last time. 

We finish breakfast and set everything out on the table to perfection just how Alpha likes it. Just as we finish I hear footsteps telling me that Alpha and Luna are awake. I lock my arm around Chris and head for the laundry. We do our best to stay out of sight, it's better that way. 

Once we finish the laundry, we make our way back to the dinning room to clean up after breakfast and get ready for lunch.

"Bitch! Come here!" Alpha yells for me from his office. I look towards Chris, fear evident on both of our faces. I take a deep breath and smooth out my dingy maids dress before turning on my heels and walking to Alphas office. I step inside making sure to keep my eyes on the floor. Alpha doesn't like to be looked at by scum. 

"Yes, Alpha" 

"Come here" He snaps at me and points between his spread legs. I gulp and move to where he wants me.