Gaining trust

It has been roughly a week since Y/n and Reaper has joined the dragon riders. The riders and him have built him a hut far enough from those that don't trust him aren't threatened by his proximity but close enough that he can communicate quickly with them. It is built on the hills of the edge, covered by grassy layer of moss that is presumably a battle tactic to make his new home invisible to aerial invaders.

This chapter begins with us looking to Hiccup and the other riders whilst Y/n is sorting out the inside of his home

Snotlout:You can't seriously be letting this guy stay here?!
Ruffnut:Yeah, did you forget how his night fury-
Tuffnut:Skull Fury.
The group look at him with a dead panned expression.
Ruffnut:Skull Fury, had no issue trying to kill us.
Snoutlout:And this guy has an army of dragons that he can call at the snap of his fingers.
Fish legs:Snoutlout he doesn't have an army of dragons.
Snoutlout:Then what do you call that island of dragons that is just next to edge Fish face?!
Astrid:I think he has made it perfectly clear that those dragons are his family just like Hiccup and Stoick.
Hiccup:Not just like me and my dad. Those dragons helped raise him for so long.
Snoutlout:After they kidnapped him.
Hiccup:... Yes. But even so they took care of him. Like out dragons would do for us.
Snotlout:Whatever, he still hasn't proven that he can be trusted.
???:Who can't be trusted?
The group collectively jump as Y/n and his dragon walk in.
Hiccup:It's nothing, don't worry about it. Did you settle in ok?
Y/n:Yep. My house is perfect. Thanks Fishlegs.
Fishlegs:Oh it was my pleasure. I wa trying to find an area that would fit not only you but Reaper as well.
Astrid:That's great to hear.
Hiccup:It really is.
Snotlout:No!
The group look to him as Reaper starts growling, only to be stopped by Y/n.
Y/n:What's wrong?
Snotlout:You, that's what.
Hiccup:Snot-
Snotlout:No, this has to be said Hiccup. You can't just expect us to accept you into our group after you tried to kill us. Our group is made out of the closest of friends in the archipelago, and you are just some outsider who just happens to be the heir's brother! Sorry, but we can't just accept you.
Y/n:I guess you're right. But I have a way to prove myself.
The group look at him as a Terrible Terror flies on his shoulder.
Y/n:An old contact of mine informed me that there have been sightings of dragon hunters on Changewing Island.
Astrid:Dragon Hunters.
Y/n:Or should I rephrase. These people are bounty hunters. They specialize in collecting dragon species that collectors have placed a price on. Now they are hunting Changewings. I was planning on heading there myself but I think it would be a good way for me to show you all that I can be trusted.
The group were contemplating the thought until Hiccup spoke up.
Hiccup:Me Astrid and Fish legs have a mission ourselves so why don't you take the other 3 with you?
Y/n:Good idea. We shouldn't need everyone anyway. Let's go.
Y/n and Reaper head towards the stables. Snotlout and the twins turn to face Hiccup.
Snotlout:What was that?!
Hiccup:You 3 are the only ones that don't trust Y/n. This would be a good chance for you all to see what he is really like.
The 3 we're reluctant but agreed as they all took to the sky and flew to Changewing Island.
Fish legs:So what should we do in the mean time.
Hiccup:Y/n told me earlier that the dragons may be the most fearsome on the planet but they are really kind
I think we should do some observations on them, see what the dragon eye is missing.
Astrid:Good idea. Let's start with the Nadders.