Magic Bullet.

Mikaela's POV

I sat in class, taking notes as Scott watches the teacher return graded tests, coming closer and closer. Behind us, Stiles leans forward to whisper. "If Dereks not the alpha, if he's not the one who bit you two...then who is?" He asks making us look back at him.

"We don't know." I say making Stiles sit back and think before he leans forward again. "Did the alpha kill the bus driver?" He questions. "We don't know." Scott answers as I watch Stiles flop back before leaning forward, again. "Does Allisons dad know about the alpha?"

"I don't know!" Scott says a lot louder this time making everyone look at him as he shrinks down in his seat. "Down, boy." I whisper making him glare at me. The teacher finally drops the paper on his desk and he turns it over to see a big D- and a message: Not like you! What's happening? See me after class.

Me and Stiles peer at the grade and cringe slightly. "Dude, you need to study more." Stiles says as Scott puts his hands over his head, overwhelmed. "That was a joke. It's one test. You need help studying?" Stiles asks and Scott shakes his head. "I'm studying with Allison at her house after school." He says making Stiles smile proudly. "That's my boy."

"We're just studying." Scott defends and Stiles scoffs, shaking his head. "No, you're not." He tells him. "No, I'm not?" Scott questions, raising his eyebrows. "Not if I'm forced to live vicariously through you. If you go to her house and squander that colossal opportunity, I'll have you professionally de-balled. Got it?" Stiles says.

"Yes. If you stop with the questions." Scott says and Stiles nods. "Done. No more talk of alphas or Derek. Who still scares me." He says making me laugh.

******

Derek's POV

Pale with dark circles under my eyes, bloody bandages that can't be seen underneath my jacket sleeve, I walk through the halls of the school. A remaining student or two look at me but I pay no attention, moving my focus towards Jackson who stands at his locker. He turns to see me walking towards him and takes a step back.

"Where's Mikaela McCall or Scott McCall?" I ask and Jackson gives me a dirty look. "What do you want with Mia?" He says protectively as he looks me up and down judgmentally. "Where are they?" I ask. "Why should I tell you?" He questions. "Because I asked you politely. And I only do that once." I answer making Jackson hum.

"Hmm. Okay, tough guy. You know, how about I help you find Scott, and you leave Mikaela alone while you tell me what you're selling him?" He questions making me look at him confused. "What is it? Is it, uh, Dianabol? Hmm? HGH?"

"Steroids?" I say, realising what Jackson is talking about. "No, Girl Scout cookies. What do you think I'm talking about? And by the way, what ever else you're selling? I'd stop sampling the merchandise. You looked wrecked." He says looking me up and down.

"I'll find them myself." I say and go to walk away but Jackson grabs my arm. "Hey, we're not done here." I grab him by the neck and he tries to pry my hands off but it's doesn't work. I realise what I'm doing and release him as Jackson doubles over, sucking in air.

While he is bent forward, I see the puncture wounds on the back of his neck from my claws coming out. I walk away as he looks up just as I turn the corner. I slump against the wall and close my eyes, focusing my hearing. Soon enough, I find her voice.

"So what's this I hear about Scott coming over?" Mikaela asks. "Scott's coming over! Tonight?" Lydia questions and I hear Allison's heart rate pickup. "We're just studying together." She says nervously. "Just studying' never ends with 'just studying. It's like getting into a hot tub- somebody eventually cops a feel." Lydia tells her and Mikaela laughs. "So, what are you saying?" Allison asks.