Part 15

"Okay, I'm out!" Pete wanted to leave Junseo's car but Junseo grabbed him back by his arm.

"You're in this shit with me Pete!"

Pete knocked Junseo's hand off his arm.

"You're going too far Junseo!" Pete clenched his jaw. "It was one thing to spy on Y/n but this? " he pointed to the restaurant that was burning brightly.

"I warned him!" Junseo replied, looking towards the burning restaurant.

"You're crazy! Really! " Pete made a second attempt to get out of the car but Junseo locked the doors.

"What the hell?" Pete turned to him.

"What are you up to?" Junseo knew that as soon as his friend got out of his car, he would go straight to the police.

"What do you think Hmm?"

"You know damn well that you'll build your own gallows if you betray me"

Pete swallowed.  "You should have had it out with him on the racetrack! But not .. fuck!"

Junseo took a deep breath when he saw Jungkook walking towards the restaurant. His mother next to him was screaming and crying.

"Fuck!" Pete muttered when he saw Jungkook too.

They both watched as the fire department arrived, but the building was ablaze, the cracking and shattering of the windows could be heard and the black smoke darkened the sky.

"And all that because you're obsessed with that girl!" said Pete.

"She's already had her punishment!" replied Junseo.

Junseo turned to Pete.

"The exact same punishment we gave that girl from the club Remember?"

Pete clenched his fists ...
"The fuck..you raped her?"

Junseo said nothing and turned to the burning building.

"You're such a fucking ... Shit, what is that?" Pete slid closer to the windshield and watched as one of the firemen pulled someone out on his arm.

"You said there were no one in there!" Junseo clutched the steering wheel and stared out.

Jungkook's mother screamed, slapped her thighs repeatedly and slumped down next to the fireman.

"There was no one in there either. Who's that?" Pete was shocked.

Junseo opened the automatic car lock and Pete jumped out and ran towards the burning restaurant.

"Omg, my daughter!" Jungkook's mother screamed. Jungkook knelt down to his mother.

The paramedics got to work. Resuscitation measures were carried out again and again. For minutes....

Pete went back to the car and sat in the passenger seat, shocked.

"What?" asked Junseo.

Pete turned to him. " his sister.... the girl is his sister. We're in trouble, Junseo. "

"Is she alive?" asked Junseo.

"How the hell should I know? " Pete shouted at him. "Omg... what if she's dead?"

Junseo leaned back and started the engine. "Rest in peace!" and drove off.

Neither of them said anything.

Pete was just thinking about the best way to get out of this. He never intended to hurt anyone. He regretted his friendship with Junseo.

And Junseo?