19.

Vikram looked up from his plate, his eyes shifting to his wife seated beside him at the dining table. She was staring at her plate, absentmindedly playing with the spoon in her hand.

A subtle smile grazed his lips as he noticed
her focused gaze on the bowl of palak paneer. When his bua served her, she had seemed too shy to refuse as she didn't wanted to hurt her feelings by denying.

Now, she found herself in a dilemma. The mere sight of the palak paneer on her plate made her stomach churn. The thought of consuming it was enough to make her feel queasy. She had never in her life liked spinach.

"What happened beta? Why are you not eating?" Saanvika asked, noticing Adhira lost in her thoughts.

"Nothing, nothing happened Choti Maa." Adhira replied, passing a smile. Her eyes shifted towards her husband, who seemed to be enjoying the situation.

"Khaana thanda ho raha hai Adhira." He murmured, earning a side-eye from his wife.

[The food is getting cold]

Adhira tore a piece of chapati, ready to dip it into the gravy. But before she could, her husband swiftly took the bowl of palak paneer from her plate.

Vikram signaled her to eat, through his eyes, placing the bowl on his own plate. As he continued to eat his food, he felt a tug at the cuff of his sleeve.

Glancing to his left, he noticed her pointing at the separated peas and capsicums from the mixed vegetables and then at him.

"Vikram toh abhi se hi biwi ke pallu se bandh gaya hai." The old lady commented as she noticed Vikram transferring the remaining food from her plate to his.

Adhira placed her hand on his thigh, silently asking him not to back answer, as he opened his mouth to say something. She didn't wanted to spoil anyone's mood, or create any drama.

The rest of the dinner went well, with lots of conversation and smiles as other members of Bua's family made sure to uplift the couple's mood by casually joking around.

As they all sat together in the living room, after the dinner. Adhira shifted her head to the right, getting a view of her husband's side profile.

She traced the contours of his face, starting from his dreamy thick, long eyelashes down to the pimple he had recently gotten on his cheek, which somehow added to his attractiveness.

Weird.

She knew, but it somehow strangely
enhanced his looks.

Her eyes fell on his naturally pink lips, slightly chapped yet appealing. He hadn't spoken a word since then, continuing to scroll through his phone, reading some important mails.

"We should get going now, didi. It's already getting late." Saanvika said, standing up, followed by her sister-in-law.

"Yeh wala final hai na?" Mukti asked, noticing her bua and mother hugging for the third time, bidding goodbye to each other.

[Is this final]

Each time before this, when Saanvika stood up to leave, her bua would either make her sit again or they would suddenly get engrossed in a new, interesting topic.

After fifteen minutes, they found themselves at the main door of the house, bidding a final goodbye to everyone.

"Bhabhi, come with us this time. This man will bore you again." Kabir said, holding the car door open for Adhira to sit.