9.

After a long highway of wedding planning, the D-day has finally arrived today

A life altering moment in the lives of two people. The day, two souls will be united for the rest of their lives.

Excitement, joy, fear, crankiness with fair share of anxiety and nervousness. This what she has been feeling from the last night.

Today is the day she is going to leave her everything behind, her father, her brother, her family, starting a new life with new people.

She knew she has to leave one day, but didn't anticipated that the day will arrive this soon.

"Papa main aapko chodh kar kahin nahi jaungi".

"Dekho na papa, bhaiya keh rahe hain ki yeh tera ghar nahi hai, tu toh paraya dhan hai".

"Aisa nahi hai na papa".

"Main toh humesha aap dono ke sath hi rahungi, mujhe nahi jaana koi sasural vasural".

She reminisces her words from the past. It seems like it was only yesterday that she was a school going girl and today she is dolled up as a bride.

Dressed in a gorgeous maroon heavy lehenga as the heavy veil rested on her head, hair tied in a bridal bun adorned with flowers, heavy accessories enhancing her long neck, she looked stunning.

She stood up from her seat moving her gaze to the door on hearing the sound of door opening, to see her brother entering the room clothed in black sequin embroidered sherwani. He was looking dashing.

"You look incredible".

He looked at her with pure admiration in his eyes taking slow steps towards her, feeling happy and sad at the same time.

"I cannot believe you are about to get married Gudiya. I am so happy for you.
I am proud of the woman you have become" he holds her hands in his palms giving them a squeeze. Maybe trying to tell her that everything is going to be okay.

She smiled a little at him keeping her tears in check, he may not show or say anything but she have noticed him wiping his tears secretly during the functions.

"Remember Your brother got your back always, I'll be just a phone call away, don't take any tension. Doesn't matter how old you grow up, you were, you are and you'll be our Gudiya always". She bobbed her head, almost tearing up at her brother's warm words.

A contented smile crossed his face. He gently kissed her forehead before taking her hand back in his guiding her out of the room to the mandap.

Her cousins, Manas and Shashank joined her in the hallway carrying the phoolon ki chadar (canopy made of flowers) over her head which signifies the love and protection under which she has been raised by her brothers.

She takes a deep breathe trying to keep her anxiety at bay. With soft music playing in the background, escorted by her brothers, she walks down the aisle, towards her new life, new family, her husband.