14.

It was barely past eight in the morning.
The clinking of her bangles woke him up from his sleep. He scrunched his nose in annoyance and tried to lie back, turning onto his stomach. But the continuous giggling sound of bangles didn't let him.

He was a night owl, not by choice but by circumstance. Due to sleeping late at night, getting up early was a tough job for him. Rubbing his eyes, he sat on the bed, resting his back against the headboard. He stretched lazily while a yawn escaped his lips.

"Sorry, I woke you up," Adhira said, pausing for a second before pinning up her dupatta on her left shoulder.

His presence remained unfamiliar, as if sharing a home with a stranger. The lack of communication between them lingered as the primary source of this unease.

"Good that you did, I have to go to the office."

He stood up from the bed, moving towards the switchboard to turn on all the lights. How was she getting ready without the lights on? He frowned, except for the dim ones that were on from the night.

"But today is Sunday."

Adhira watched him taking steps towards her. Tired from the night before, she fell asleep as soon as she laid down on the bed. She doesn't even remember when he joined her in bed. But now, she felt hot under his presence.

She took a step back, finding him standing before her, her back hit the wardrobe behind her. "Adhira," she moved her gaze to his face.

Her name hasn't sounded this sexy ever, the way it just rolled out of his mouth was extremely alluring.

Just like her husband.

"You don't want me to go?" Adhira's eyes
staring into his as his hot breath fell on her forehead. She didn't move an inch from her place, she just couldn't. Her heart rate had slightly increased.

"I didn't say that." She instantly shook her head in denial. She just wondered if her husband worked on Sundays too.

Kabir had painted a vivid picture of Vikram working from nine to nine, in a world where people usually call it a day at five.

"So are you 'bhagaaoing' me to the office?" Vikram raised his eyebrows, mischief clearly readable on his face. Even he was taken aback at first by this new side, one he never knew existed.

"Stop playing with me." Adhira whines and tries, to break free. However, he swiftly placed his hand on the wardrobe, barring her escape.

"I ain't playing with you but I guess you don't want me to around." Vikram couldn't help but appreciate the stunning sight before him.

The color red was definitely made for her. She looked absolutely stunning in that red suit, with the intricate details and her long hair tied in a low ponytail.

"You're twisting my words."Adhira retorted, avoiding his gaze as she swiftly made her escape from the other side.

She started making the bed, meticulously folding the comforter and smoothing out the bed sheets. Meanwhile, Vikram retrieved his attire for the day, casually throwing them onto the bed with a carefree elegance.

"What will you have for breakfast?" Adhira asked as she picked out his clothes and placed them neatly on the bed.

"Anything will do." Vikram replied, wetting his toothbrush under the tap water before applying toothpaste and then again moistening it.

"Adhira, could you please pack my laptop and charger in the laptop bag and put my phone on the charger?" He asked.

"Ji." Adhira nodded, noticing him brushing his teeth with the bathroom door left open.