32.

"I'll let you know, Mr. Khurana. Yes, sure. Thank you." Vikram ended the call, his gaze falling on his wife sitting on the jharokha, busy scrolling through her phone.

"I am sorry, but this was important." He said, as she straightened up in her position.

They were going for lunch, but Vikram received a business call to attend to. He had been busy with the conference for the past hour while she was killing time, waiting for him to finish.

"It's okay, I understand." She replied, her gaze momentarily flickering towards him before she rose from her seat.

As she slipped into her footwear, Vikram couldn't help but smile at the sight of her hair cascading loose around her shoulders.

She picked her phone from the jharokha only to find it ringing. "Kabir bhai," She muttered, glancing at the screen and before she could answer it, he took the phone from her.

"Let me handle him," He accepted the call, bringing the phone to his ear. "Bol?"

"Bhaiya you've blocked me?" Kabir's voice tinged with surprise.

"Haan toh?" Vikram replied nonchalantly.

[So what]

"Haan toh? Sharam naa aayi? Aapka apna kaam hogya toh you blocked me. Huhh, meany Golu." Kabir let out a dramatic sigh.

[So what? Didn't even hesitate? Now that you own work is done you blocked me]

"Why did you call?" Vikram inquired, as he and Adhira made their way out of the room.

"Hmm, okay." He murmured before ending the call, deftly slipping the phone into his pocket as he pressed the button for the lift.

"They started a few hours ago, will arrive by tomorrow morning." He informed Adhira as they stepped into the lift.

She glanced up at him, her eyes tracing the movement of his hand as he ran his fingers through his hair, his reflection staring back at him from the mirror.

"Why have you blocked Kabir bhaiya?" She asked with a curious tilt to her head as she watched the smirk spread across his lips.

A chuckle, laced with sarcasm, escaped his lips as he met her gaze through the mirror.

"As if you don't know." He replied, his eyes holding hers for a moment before returning to his own reflection.

With a motion of his hand, he signaled for her to lead the way, while he followed her closely to the lunchroom.

As they entered the corridor, they heard his name being called and turned around in unison to come face to face with a man in his late forties.

"Mr. Sehgal, how are you?" Vikram greeted extending his hand for a handshake.

"It's good to see you here," Mr. Sehgal responded, shaking hands with him before looking at his man who left with a nod.

"I apologize for not being here to welcome you, I was away on a business trip." He explained, giving a nod of acknowledgment to Adhira, who stood behind her husband.