62. I Know What You Did Last Summer

Start from the beginning

While Brian was looking down, Sam raised his eyebrows at Dean and Kennedy. For a second, there was no trace of drunkenness. Dean raised his eyebrows at Sam and Kennedy offered a slightly amused smirk. Sam broke, sinking several balls and saw Ruby across the bar.

"Keep the money," Sam said as he put his cue down on the pool table and walked towards Ruby.

"Keep the money?" Dean repeated. "What-"

After a moment, Dean picked up Kit and followed Sam.

"Hey," Sam greeted.

"Well, you got a lot of nerve showing up anywhere near me and her," Dean said.

"I just have some info, and then I'm gone," Ruby told them.

"What is it?" Sam asked.

"I'm hearing a few whispers."

"Ooh, great, demon whispers -- that's reliable," Dean commented.

"Girl named Anna Milton escaped from a locked ward yesterday. The demons seem pretty keen on finding her. Apparently, some real heavy hitters turned of for the Easter-egg hunt."

"Why? Who is she?" Sam wondered.

"No idea. But I'm thinking that she's important, 'cause the order is to capture her alive. I just figured whatever the deal is, you might want to find this girl before the demons do."

"Look, maybe we should check it out."

"Actually, we're working a case, but thanks," Dean said.

"What case?"

"Uh, we've got leads, big leads."

"Sounds dangerous."

"Yeah, well, it sure ain't goose-chasing after some chick who, for all we know, doesn't even exist, just because you say she's important."

"I'm just delivering the news. You can do whatever you want with it. Far as I'm concerned, I told you, I'm done."

"Wait, wait, wait. This hospital Anna escaped from -- it got a name?" Sam questioned.

IMPALA

Dean was driving, Kit was sleeping in back, and Sam was speaking on the phone.

"Can I get a copy of the missing persons report? Great. Okay. Thanks." Sam hung up. "Well, Anna Milton's definitely real."

"Don't mean the case is real," Dean said. "And this hospital's a three-day drive."

"We've driven further for less, Dean." Dean shook his head. "You got something to say, say it."

"Oh, I'm saying it -- this sucks."

Sam glanced at him. "You aren't pissed, or annoyed, we're going after the girl. You're pissed Ruby threw us the tip."

"Right. 'Cause as far as you're concerned, the Hell-bitch is practically family. Yeah, boy, something major must've happened while I was downstairs, 'cause I come back, and -- and you're BFF with a demon. And yeah."

"I told you, Dean, she helped me go after Lilith."

"Well, thanks for the thumbnail -- real vivid. You want to fill in a little detail?"

"Sure, Dean, let's trade stories. You first. How was Hell? Don't spare the details."

SIX MONTHS EARLIER

Sam was burying a box at crossroads, obviously drunk.

"Come on!" Sam yelled. "Where the hell are you?"