Five

Kwon Soonyoung

"Now look what you've gotten to yourself." Jihoon sighs frustation, still staring to Nari's room who is now with Jun.

"You know that the governor is powerful." He spoke with a bit annoyed in his tone.

"And just let her die? Haha. Sure." I sarcastically said.

Jihoon sighs once again. "I know its one of your principle to save anyone who are abused, but not all the time Soonyoung."

"Her case is different. Someone wants her dead. A powerful man who has wider connection than us. Our life will be at stake if you keep her." Jihoon said with his gaze piercing to me.

I also let out a sigh and brush my hair up in frustration.

I wanted to argue with him, but he is also right. That cunning and corrupt politician will do anything to get her. But I can't do that. Not until she's ready to go with her wounds and bruises are gone.

"I know where you getting your point and I truly understand you. But you also know me Jihoon.  I'll help anyone will all my might. I don't want them to have the same fate with my mother and sister."

He sighs in defeat and nodded his head. "Fine. Do as you wish. But I won't help you that much for her."

My lips curved into a smirk. He said that last time, but he still helps me. Jihoon is a tsundra.  "Yeah right."

Jihoon rolled his eyes. "Oh, I'm serious this time."

"Anyway, what are you gonna do about her?"

"The usual. Let her heal and help her escape the country." I nonchalantly spoke.

"The governor. What are you gonna do about him?"

My brow cocks at him. "What do you mean?"

"Sooner or later, the governor will find out that you help her. I'm sure it will trouble us."

Right. That corrupt politician.

"Nothing. As long as he wont find out and touch me, I won't do anything. Its not my thing to avenge my victim's abuser." I simple stated.

Its not my emotions and business anyway  to avenge them. Not unless they pay me to avenge them.

Just then, a sliding door open from Nari's room. Our head snap to its direction and saw Jun coming out the room, then walk back to dining where me and Jihoon sitting.

He let out a heavy sigh as he took his seat beside Jihoon. His face looks tired yet concern at the same time.

"How's talking with her?" Jihoon ask.

"Its was fine. Upon checking her, she really shows traumatized in that mansion. Her bruises were bad and some of her previous wounds were reopen. Fortunately, Soonyoung clean it before it got worse." Jun stated.

"What do you think causes her to have those wounds?" I asked.

"Obviously from physical beating. But her back was different. The wounds weren't that deep but it was a lot. I assume her back was flogged with tiny blades."

All of us grimace to what he just said. Damn, those psychos.

"Until then, she should be staying here until she is fully recover."

"I'm planning to keep her until she have strength." I said

"Thats good." Jun sighs. "I'll go now. I have patients to check." He said and stood up from his seat.

"I'll go with you. I have some things to do anyway." Jihoon spoke beside him and also stood up from his seat.

"Alright. Off you go."  I said nonchalantly and stare at them as their figures starts to dissapear.

Now its just me and that governor's adopted daughter. With a sigh, I stood from my seat and went outside the sliding where she temporarily staying.

I slide the door silently and let it open to peak on her. There I saw her sleeping peaceful. As if she wasn't experience any cruelty in her life.

A sudden thought immedietely came onto my mind. Just like my other victims, They don't deserve any of it.

I was about to leave her, when suddenly she cried out loud with her eyes close. She was crying and her body was trembling a bit. She was mumbling something that I can't hear.

I step inside as quite as I could as kneel beside her mattress. I was about to wake her up by tapping her shoulder but she suddenly stop crying but her breathing was shallow.

"Mom... Please stay with me... Just for this time... I miss you... So much..." Nari spoke softly.

My heart felt heavy hearing her mumbles. I sigh softly. It seems she's okay now. When I check her one last time, I'm about to stand up and leave her, but her cold hands caught mine and clutch it to her chest.

"Please stay..."

.....