Two

Park Nari

As the rays of sunlight filtered through the window, I slowly opened my eyes. For a moment, I couldn't remember where I was or what had happened. But as the memories flooded back last night, the pain in my body went intensified. Specifically my back.

I looked around the room, taking in the familiar surroundings. The minimal decorated room and white painted was far from original room. Just then it hit me. This wasn't my home.

As I tried to move, I winced in pain. My body was covered in bruises and cuts from the last night's beating. I sigh as I remember how I ended beaten just because I wasn't home on time.

But that doesn't matter anymore. I'm in unfamiliar room, though I can smell a fresh grass all around the room which made me confused. With stiffen neck, I manage to turn my head to the traditional window where the light comes.

There I saw a greens outside the room and a empty backyard.

Empty backyard? Traditional window?Wait. Where am I?

Due to adrenaline, I sat on the bed not minding the painful ache around my body. I just realized, I'm not laying in a bed. Rather on a comfortable mattress and duvet on the floor. Just like how traditional korean homes are.

I frown and started to get anxious. Just then, a human shadow outside the sliding door appeared that made crawl back to the corner of the room in fear.

"Oh your awake," he spoke lifelessly as soon as he slide the bedroom door open.

A tall man with a slanted eyes that has undercut haircut appeared wearing an oversize button shirt and cargo pants. My eyes went to his hand where I saw a single grey plastic bag.

"Don't be be afraid, I won't hurt you." He said coldly that made me goodebump around my body.

He drop the plastic bag in the edge of the matress and sat on the floor.

"Who are you?" I gulped.

"I'm Soonyoung. Owner of this house." He simple stated and sitting on the floor with his legs crossed whilst rummaging something inside the bag.

He then pulled a box of medicine which I believe a topical ointment, cotton balls and a small bottle of chlorhexidine.

"Can you come forward? I have to treat your bruises and cuts." He said with his eyes looking at me so coldly.

I was hesitant at first, but his icy aura made me obey him. I crawled next to him but not too close.

"Come closer," he instruct and I did.

"Now strip."

My eyes widen and my hands went to my chest as if trying to protect myself from him.

He sighs. "Don't make me force to take that shirt off you."

I look at him with a worried and scared face. "D-Do I have to?"

He rolled his eyes. "I took care of you last night. I've seen it but I don't care about it. You have a lot of wounded scar on your back. If you want them to have infection, suit yourself." He hissed and about to stood up to leave.

My eyes widen and grab his hand trying to him from leaving. I can feel my face heated in embarrassment but I don't have choice.

"O-Okay! I'll strip. J-Just make it fast." I stuttered.

He sighs and didn't stayed. I turn around and wearily took off my shirt, exposing my upper extremities but I quickly cover my breast using the shirt.

Later on, I can feel his hand took something on my back which I believe some bandaids or what. I just stayed silent and let him do the work.

"Tell me about yourself," he spoke as he gently do something which I think he cleans my wounded back.

"Um... I'm P-Park Nari. 25. I'm a pastry chef." I timidly answered.

"Park? Why don't you use father's name?" He said nonchalantly.

My lips pressed into line. "I-I don't have a father."

I heard him hum. "So governor Lee isn't your father. Then why are you there?"

"Because his my step father." I simply stated which later on made frown as his are getting weird.

"Why do you asked?" I asked bluntly that I regreted.

Soonyong seems to be a man with bad temper. What I did surely pissed him off. Just like them.

I'm expecting some harsh treatment from him but no. He still treats my wounded back with gentleness and even put some sterile dressings.

"I'm done.You can wear back the shirt."  He said and back away while puuting the used medicines back to the plastic bag.

"Come out whenever your ready. I made simple stew." Soonyoung said full of dull in his tone and left the room.

I let out a sigh.

He seems to be gentle but words are colder than winter season.

However, I have a lot of questions inside my head that needed to be answered. To answer my questions, I have to go outside then.

Without being said, I wear the shirt that is bigger than my size and went outside the room. Indeed, he made a stew.

The aroma of a the spices lingers my nostril that made me snap my head towards its direction. There I saw him, preparing some two sets bowl on the table and along with some spoons. Soonyoung then lift his head and stared at me with his icy gazed.

"Sit down. Let's talk afterwards."

---

Hehehehe hope you like it? 
....