I walk towards Sparrow, my wings trailing behind me. He smiled in what looked like amusement and combed his fingers through his dirty, greasy brown hair.

"Go ahead, fight me," he cooes through his annoyingly perfect teeth. "But I betcha can't even land a hit."

I let out a frustrated sigh. "Shut up," I snap. "You can't just say things to me and think I'm pathetic, because that's where you're wrong."

"Quit your yapping and fight me already! God, its like talking to a wall. That talks."

"First of all, its GOSH, second, you're about to be in a wall."

"Oh, boo hoo, I'm so scaared-"

WHAM!

I bring up my fist right under his jaw, causing him to be lifted a little off the ground and on the floor. "How does the floor taste? Not too great, right?" I ask him.

"OOOH!" goes the crowd behind me.

Sparrow lifts his head, glaring at me. He spits out blood and what appears to be one of his teeth. I cringe in disgust but I don't let it show.

Sparrow still smiles, lifting himself to his feet. He wipes his mouth with his hairy arm. "You punch like a girl, loser."

I roll my eyes. "Oh my gosh, I am a girl. Are you blind or something?"

Before any more of the fight can go on, I hear click clack click clack behind me.

"Alright, alright, break it up you two. Come to the office with me now!" says a high-pitched, feminine voice. I get dragged by my arm by the principal herself, her sharp red nails digging in my skin. I also get a front row seat of seeing Sparrow silently laughing at me, wiping mock tears from his face.

I give him the f you look with my eyes as Mrs. Rivers drags me away.

"Come on, pretty boy, you're coming too," Mrs. Rivers said in an exaggerated tone. I imagine that she rolled her eyes just then.

"Okay, fine, Miss Whatever!" Says Sparrow.

I get dropped to the floor as Mrs. Rivers stomps over to Sparrow, her red high heels stabbing the floor with the force of ten bullets. "Don't call me that, you rat," she hisses. I watch as she grabs Sparrow by the ear and starts to drag him away.

"Ow, God da---"

"Will you quit cursing?" Shrieks Mrs Rivers. For once, Sparrow shuts his ugly mouth. Then, she grabs me by the arm again. Her golden wings flare out behind her as she lifts off the ground, carrying both of us in her arms.

She looks around to all the students in the cafeteria. "None of you will say a single word about this, got it?"

The students groan in disappointment. "Yes, Mrs. Rivers."

Then, she is out the door.

• • •

Mrs. Rivers' office is a nightmare. The walls are a distasteful white, covered by a putrid green wallpaper dotted with yellow flowers. Her desk the only nice looking thing in the room, being a nice polished white with no stains whatsoever. A single picture sits on her desk-- I assume its of her and her son, who in the photo is sitting on her shoulders with a big smile on his face.

The window is oval, covered by an ugly piss-yellow curtain dotted with red.

"So," Mrs. Rivers says, throwing us on two random wooden chairs. She sits herself in her lovely crimson sofa-chair, putting her fists under her chin. I try to sit up, fiddling with my thumbs. Mrs. Rivers continues and says, "why on earth were you two fighting? You know very well that is against the rules!"