He blinked very slowly, and I could tell he was absolutely done with me. That made me smile.

“Swing” he ordered.

I looked at him like he was crazy, I mean, he was because what did he mean by swing.

“What?” I asked him.

“Swing at me.”

Thank you very much for stating the obvious.

“I don't think that's necessary, we are going to an event, right? Why would I need to learn how to fight?”

“Shut up and swing.”

Okay.

I did swing, but it did not land. Instead, he caught my fist in his hand and twisted my arm behind my back.

“Weak-” he released my hand, pushing me forward slightly. “Try again”

I huffed.

I tried to land another punch again, and it was no better than the first. This time, he sidestepped me, and I lost my balance and landed on the floor.

I rolled over on my back and looked up at the ceiling. I was already tired after two failed attempts.

Zephyr came to stand over me,sporting a cocky smirk on his face.

“Let's try something else.” He held out one hand to me, and I looked at it for a second before accepting his help.

He must've been in a good mood. I've never seen him this perky since I've met him.

I hoped that any side he slept on last night would sleep there again.

“So you have no muscles. You're weak and kind of lacking in certain places. You need to eat more.” He circled me like animals circling their prey before they attacked.

I made up my face at his last statement.

“Your telekinesis is okay, but in this case, you're not going up against a sword and dagger. Guns are faster. You might not even hear them coming.” My eyes followed him as he continued to walk circles around me. He seemed rather passionate about this, his voice steady.

Within the blink of an eye, he reached behind him and pulled out a gun, aiming the deadly weapon at me. My eyes darted from the gun to him.

I've never actually really been around a gun before, Kalex's father didn't want them in the pack, so we didn't use them.

Kalex probably established the use of them again.

My eyes snapped back to the gun, and I focused on it and only it. My breath became unsteady, Zephyr noticed this and took the safety– I'm assuming off.

His index finger rubbed the trigger in a teasing manner. This was not the time to try and tease me, not when I was losing my shit.

I did not have faith that he would not actually shoot me.

He wouldn't” Cassius stated.

“You don't know that.” I croaked.

I'm not putting it past him. I watched as he took a few steps back, the gun still aimed at me, and not once did my eyes leave it.

“Stop the bullet.”

Oftentimes, in my life, I would ask the same question over and over again. What did people take me for?

Kalex took me for a joke, and now Zephyr was taking me for…superman?

I laughed sarcastically and gaped at him. His face was stoic, no emotions whatsoever. He only stood there with an outstretched arm and blinked at me expectantly.