Deafening Silence

Start from the beginning

I never thought about that. Kacchan's mom calling mine to get support. Biting my bottom lip, in thought. "Sorry mom, I didn't think about that, and I wasn't making light of what happened. I was just stating facts."   

She smiled at me. "It's alright sweetie, I'm sorry it's not your fault I feel guilty about my thoughts from that day." I simply nodded at her. The rest of our lunch date was full of laughter and trips down memory lane. 

After another forty five minutes of joking and story telling, it was time for me to head back to campus and for her to head back to her work from home job.  "Call me later baby." She said to me as we made our way out side. 

Before making my way back to the station, I gave her a long hug. "I will mom. I love you."

"I love you too, Izuku." She said before we parted ways. I felt light hearted on my way back to campus. This entire day helped me get my mind off the fact that I just went another year with out my father in my life. The truth is I don't really remember him. I know I look like him because of the one picture my mom has, but other than that I don't know him and he doesn't know me. 

Well damn, now it is back on my mind, no he doesn't get to live in my head rent free. That isn't fair, I don't occupy his mind, if I did he would at least call or write, send a card for my birthday.. something. Right?

It was then that I realized I was back at the dorms. I reached out and opened the door. Stepping inside I could hear everyone. The silence of the common room was replaced with the chatter of my classmates. 

The closer I got to the tables near the kitchen, the more I could make out what they were saying.  "My dad is so awesome, we went to the karaoke cafe and sang songs after lunch." I heard Kaminari say excitedly. 

"That's so manly, bro. What did ya'll sing?"  Kirishima asked him with just as much excitement.

"It is an old song my dad loves called "The Best Day' by some American singer named George Strait ." He took out his phone and played it for everyone. 

"Wow, that is a good father son song."  Uraraka said with a wide smile. "It reminds me of a song for my dad."

"Really what is it?" Momo asked her gathering everyone's attention. 

She smiled brightly once more, before saying with a bit of embarrassment. "I Learned from you."

"You mean from that old show Hannah Montana?" Sero asked

She rubbed the back of her neck. "Yeah... that's the one."

I smiled at her, as she thought it wasn't that cool, but most of these guys love that old show. That was when Shouji said I've never heard of it.

"What!" about half the class said together. 

"You have to play it for him. I can't believe you have never heard it." Jiro said

Even more embarrassed she simply stated I can't." As she held up her flip phone.

Momo held up hers latest Iphone. "Don't worry I'll play it." She opened to the song and hit play. 

This started a landslide of songs that reminded everyone of their dads. Jiro shared 'My Father's Eyes' by Eric Clapton, and Koda shared 'Count on me' by Bruno Mars. As everyone was lost in the songs that reminded them of their fathers, Todoroki spoke up. 'I have a song, but it's not for my dad. It's for Mr. Aizawa." Everyone could agree he was like a dad to us all.