13. Vaccine & market

Magsimula sa umpisa

"It won't hurt that much; common let's finish it soon." Subham tried to encourage Mrinal with his poor coaxing skills.

Mrinal was too embarrassed to refuse Subham again and again in front of outsiders, so he nodded.

Mrinal got up and followed the nurse, at this time Subham asked Mrinal, "Mimi, do you want me to hold you?"

Mrinal thought for a second and nodded, no matter how smart or brave he is he still cannot overcome this fear.

Subham also came behind the curtain and was about to say something when he saw Mrinal unzipping his pants, Subham hurriedly stopped him and said to the nurse, "On his upper arms, not his gluteal muscle."

"No problems" the nurse understood and prepared the injection while Mrinal was fidgeting on the metal bed, "Don't look if you are afraid." Subham hugged Mrinal sideway as he spoke.

Mrinal wanted to say 'Who is afraid?' but quickly stopped and buried his face in Subham's abdomen.

The nurse took Mrinal's hand, looking at the already clenched fist she directly rubbed his arm with a cotton. Mrinal felt a slightly cooling sensation on his upper arms and shivered a little. Subham quickly rubbed Mrinal's back to comfort him.

Mrinal felt a slight sting on his upper arm and before he could process the situation, he heard the nurse saying, "It's finished. Now rest for 15 minutes before you walk."

Mrinal stared blankly at his upper arm.

Subham looked at Mrinal's forehead covered in cold sweat, he felt a little distressed, so he quickly took out his handkerchief and wiped it for him.

"Don't be afraid Mimi, it's over." Subham patted Mrinal's back.

Mrinal looked up at him, he wanted to say that he's not afraid of anything or even if he is at least, he won't show it to anyone. However, he couldn't say it to Subham, after all, he is so comfortable in his presence that he is not afraid of exposing his weaknesses to him.

"Hmm." Mrinal simply agreed and buried his head in Subham's embrace again.

After waiting for some time, the doctor confirmed that Mrinal wasn't feeling uncomfortable and let them go. Subham paid the bill and both of them came out of the hospital.

Mrinal put on his helmet and was about to sit back when he heard Subham say, "Come sit in the front."

Subham could say this because there's not so much traffic and the traffic rules are pretty lax in this era.

Thinking Mrinal might not like it Subham explained, "You don't have to hold on tight to me, your arm may hurt a little."

Without waiting for him nod Subham crossed his arms under Mrinal's armpit, lifted him, and placed him in front of him.

Mrinal is thin but healthy. Subham can always find him practicing yoga in the morning. Mrinal is neither too heavy nor too light, but he can easily pick him up.

"Where are we going?" Mrinal asked doubtfully, this was the opposite direction of the road they came from.

"Take you on a ride," Subham replied as he drove the bullet bike slowly.

Subham drove all around the old town. After 15 minutes or so they passed by a weekly market when Mrinal told Subham, "Husband, stop!"

"What's wrong?" Subham stopped and asked Mrinal.

"Let's go to the market."

Subham didn't deny it and went inside the market with Mrinal. He pulled Mrinal closer to him, for fear that someone would bump into his arm.