Chapter 17

Sorry I haven't updated in so long! 0_0

Disclaimer: I no own Teen Titans!!!!

"Um.....Cyborg I think I need some stitches......." Beast Boy said to his best friend. He tried hard not to look at Raven, but he couldn't help it. He risked it all and glanced at her face. She had on her normal emotionless poker face on, but her eyes........He's always heard that the eyes are the soul, but this was just too much. There was a storm of emotion brimming in her eyes, ready to burst out and swallow everyone in the room. He made eye contact with her and audibly gulped. Sensing the tension in the room, Cyborg decided not to comment. Instead, he dragged the younger boy over to the couch and threw him down next to Raven.

"Let Raven heal you, BB, and then we all gotta talk!" Cyborg said with authority. Beast Boy sighed, and held his hand out to Raven. 

"This is pretty deep......." The young demoness whispered. She was trying to wrap her head around everything that's happened just in the past 24 hours, but to no avail. She was stunned. Finally she realized that she had been lost in her thoughts while her almost - boyfriend was sitting next to her bleeding. She focused her dark energy, and allowed her hands to glow blue. She drew his hand into hers, and began the difficult process of closing up the wound he had inflicted upon himself. 

And then when she was done? 

Beast Boy had the nerve to smile at her. It wasn't just any smile either. It was the one he used to convince people that he was okay when he clearly wasn't. Finally, she couldn't take it anymore, and she slapped him across the face as hard as she could.

"What's wrong with you?! You just promised me you wouldn't do this anymore, and then I see this. What? Were you just going to have Cyborg give you stitches, and then lie to my face about it? Were-" Raven stopped herself. "I need to meditate.........." With that she summoned her soulself and melted through the floor. Beast Boy just sat there, and slammed his head into his hands.

"You wanna explain this to me, or do I have to guess?" Cyborg piped up.

"Dude, just leave it!"

"Ya' know I can't BB, and I'm fully charged, so we can sit here all night if we have to."

"I'm......I.....I'm not who you think I am......"

Cyborg just raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not a happy person.....I never have been.....I just don't know anymore Cy!" Beast Boy yelled in frustration while throwing his arms in the air. "Used to I could be happy. I really could! When the people I care about are happy, then that makes me happy....but there's always been this empty feeling inside of me that I can't chase away, and lately it's grown to the point where I feel like it's choking me up on the inside......."

"Have you ever tried to..." Cyborg trailed off.

"Not in a long time, Dude. The last time I tried was 2 months before I left the Doom Patrol."

Both Titans just sat there awkwardly. Both were afraid of what the other is thinking, or what the other's reaction to their little conversation will be. Cyborg was worried that Beast Boy was a danger to himself at the moment, and Beast Boy somehow just KNEW Cyborg was disgusted with him right now.

"I don't suppose you could wipe the last hour off your hardrive could you?" Beast Boy questioned hopefully.

"YO'  BB! This is serious!"

"I know Cy......,but I don't want you to hate me now......"

"Exactly why would I hate you?"

"'Cause you're disgusted with me now. You'll never look at me the same, and I don't blame you, andd I'm disgusted with myself too!"

"B' Take a chill pill, eat some tofu, do whatever, but you need to calm down! I could never hate you, you're my best friend. I'm not disgusted, I'm just worried about you. And I KNOW it's serious when you make Raven that upset! She didn't even hit you or anything."

"I kissed her........"

"What?" Cyborg asked not comprehending this new found knowledge.

"I kissed Raven."

"You Dawg. Get outta here, and go talk things through with her. She's really hurt right now, but I know she'll forgive you if you just explain to her what happened."

"Thanks Cy', and I'm sorry!"

Cyborg tried to tell him that he had nothing to be sorry about, but the young changeling was already long gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beast Boy paused outside the resident demon's door. He had no idea how to apologize this time. Sure he's broken promises to her before, but this time it was within the day he made it. Suddenly, Raven's door opened. "What do you want Beast Boy!" It was barely there, but his animal senses picked up the faint tremor in her voice. Not even moments later, all of the light bulbs in the hallway exploded. Beast Boy chuckled nervously, before he accepted his fate......

"I'm in for it big time now......."