Chapter 14

May 2nd, 2015

Y/N'S POV

"You okay? You went silent and blanked out for a few minutes but I didn't wanna bother you." Natasha said brushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

I swallow hard. "Yeah I'm fine." I take a few shaky breaths before finishing my makeup. I retouch up my hair with the curling iron.

"I didn't want you downloading any social apps or even 'Facebook' for that matter because what if we need to go into hiding? The government can track us with social media apps. Honestly having a smart phone is a direct line to our location, why did Tony even think it was smart to give you a- Y/N!!!!" Natasha practically screams as she grabs the curling iron from my hand.

I look up at her confused. "What? I was just re-curling my hair?"

She looked at me in disbelief, her eyes filled with worry and shock. She grabs my hand gently. "You just burned yourself, and your ear." She winces slightly as she inspects my wounds.

I didn't even noticed I burned the back of my hand. "Oh..." I manage to say barely above a whisper.

She runs to the small kitchenette area and grabs a bowl, filling it with chilled water. She brings it over to the vanity and places my hand into it. "You need to be more careful, you could have burned yourself worse than this!" She grabs a cloth and dips it in the water, placing it on the top of my ear. "Hold this."

I hold the cloth in place with my free hand. I feel gently tugging at my hair before I realize she starts curling my hair for me. "Thank you," I say quietly.

She hums in response as she finishes up my hair. She sprays a bit of hair spray and then brushes the curls out. After my hair was done, she grabs a first aid kit to wrap hand in. As she lifts my hand out of the ice water I see how red the palm of my hand and fingers are.

Pretty burned...

I must've held onto the hot part of the iron rather than the handle....

I didn't even feel it though, it didn't hurt.

"You act like what we went through as kids didn't hurt. A burn is nothing."

Natasha stays quiet ignoring what I had just said. She finishes wrapping my hand up. "I try to forget all those years." Her heels clicked on the floor while she walked back over to the kitchenette to put the first aid kit away.

I stare blankly at the floor. "How could you just forget what they did to us? They ripped me away from the one place I was happy at. You know sometimes I wonder what would've happened if I didn't listen to you and stayed."

"There's no point because your 'parents'," She paused putting air quotes around parents. "Are probably dead. Dreykov..." She pauses not wanting to get into the sensitive topic, but she already said it.

My parents are dead....

My biological parents mean nothing to me...they birthed me and gave me to the red room. I found that out digging through files.

I was thrown away, they didn't love me. If they loved me they wouldn't have given me away like that.

No...

I mean my Parents...

The one's I wasn't supposed to get attached to, the ones who cared, the ones who loved me unconditionally...

"My parents or my mom and dad?"

She doesn't answer, realizing she wouldn't have said a word.

"You two better not be playing hide the roast beef." Tony says over the intercom speaker in our room.