Chapter 35: at the hospital

Start from the beginning

Laila got lost thinking about all the possible reasons why they could be at the hospital, she knew one thing for sure and that was it was serious.

Kaltoom grabbed her palm and rubbed it gentle, she couldn't summon the right words to comfort her friend.

The hospital happened to be not so far from Amani's home so there were there in five minutes.

They asked for the Salman's Family and were directed to were the found Khairiya, Adyan, their mom and dad waiting outside the emergency room.

So if none of them were sick who was it?

Then it clicked, Afdal and Afeeya had arrived at Abuja that morning and were coming to Kaduna....

"No, No No!".  It couldn't be it's not" Laila was thinking out loud

She went to her mom who was sitted with Khairiy who was crying her nose was now red from all the tears, she was too light skinned for her own good.

Amani and Khairiya greeted their parents and sat with the girls and mom!

Afdal and Afeeyah had an accident on their way here,they were brought in unconsciously... They learnt

The accident happened from their way home after they left the train station.

Afdal had bruises and he looked like he broke an arm
Afeeyah was worst cause she was bleeding so much they were both in the emergency room as they doctors tried to stop her bleeding.

Dad and momma both looked very sad and tensed, Khairiya was the one doing the crying.

She must love Afdal alot then, Kaltoom thought before her attention reverted back to the person sitting with his hands over his face.

Was he also crying? As if on cue he brought up his face and their eyes met, Kaltoom got scared from the look on his face his eyes looked like a volcano that was about to explode..

Did he cried?

She'd never seen him like that.

He immediately brought down his face back to it's position before the gaze.

Laila was really a strong girl she wasnt crying her eyes off like Khairiya instead she was the one comforting her, but just one look in her face could tell you she was scared and tensed.

The whole place was silent since it was a VIP section and the were the only ones there.

The wait of about 30 minutes which seemed like forever finally came to an end as the red light by the emergency room went off, Adyan was the first to get up and run to the door.

The doctor came out and they all were eager to hear something from him.

Afdal was fine now, his bruises weren't much or deep and the bone on his left arm has cracked but that was fixed as well, the doctor explained... They all sighed in relief.

Especially Khairiya she was now smiling gratefully and The girls all gave her a hug.

The doctor was about to speak but Adyan beat him to it.

"Is Afeeyah okay?" His voice contained so many emotions, Kaltoom was watching him the whole time, he was like a totally different person .

He wasn't him self, he seemed too worked up very strange for some one who wasn't a big fan of Afeeyah, but she was his cousin it's only natural that he cared.

But his emotions were just giving off bad vibes, was she being jealous and unreasonable? She threw the thought at the back of her mind to hear what the doctor was saying.

He was somewhere between, she was still unconscious she needed more blood and her type was not available in their hospital and they need a donor before eight o clock.

Did he said 8 o clock it was 5pm already.
And wasn't that the perk of their hospital they had unlimited health supplies or something right?

"Doctor please take mine, please save her" it was Adyan again

His mom tapped him on his shoulder and he held her hand in his.

Didn't he heard what the doctor said "She had a rare blood group"

And he said a sibling could have the same, they could have taken Afdal's but he wasn't healthy enough at the moment to do that after he was brought out of the emergency room he looked so pale as if he too could use some blood.

Besides he wasn't her biological brother so the chances were low.

Mr Salman told the doctor to get the blood no matter how much it'd cost, but it wasn't a matter of money they just hope they find a match.

The whole family were tensed Afeeyah's mom was coming to Nigeria the next morning,their dad was on a business trip but would also tag in later.

She was coming in a private jet, oh so they had one but let their kids come without it, well here's the price.... Wait how rich are these guys?

That was Kaltoom and her thoughts again, she hated her sassy ass conscience, she mentally smacked herself.

Adyan's dad was Making unending calls .

He was even talking something along the line about moving her out of the hospital.

It was already past 6 and they wasn't yet any positive feedback..

..........

Hey there lovely reader?
How are you and how is Connected Hearts going so far for you ?

Please drop your thoughts

And don't forget to vote

Xoxo
Maasalam