Chapter 13: Afton's Legacy

Freddy and the gang all approached William, causing him to step backwards. It was the first time I'd seen him show fear.

“What the hell are you doing?” He yelled. “I'm your master! I created you!”

Elizabeth and the funtimes stopped dragging us towards the elevator to watch what was happening. Elizabeth’s grip loosened, as if she was preparing to drop me and go help her Father.

“Without me, you're nothing!” William screamed. “You're just rotten, shitty lost spirits without a guide! Obey me and I can help you move on!”

He was getting desperate as the four animatronics surrounded him. He looked at Elizabeth.

“Forget Mike and his friends, defend me!” He commanded.

Elizabeth and the funtimes released us and ran towards William. Charlie was still inside Funtime Freddy though.

Firstly, Funtime Freddy took a swing at Chica. His fist hit her face, causing her to stumble backwards into Bonnie. Bonnie caught her.

“Oh, you're clucking dead,” Chica said angrily, punching her fists together.

She took a swing at Funtime Freddy, clocking him in the face. He stumbled back. The others all followed suit. Foxy took on Funtime Foxy, Bonnie took on Ballora and Elizabeth showed down with Freddy.

As the brawl began, William stepped away and ran towards the elevator. I wasn't going to let him escape.

“Make sure Charlie gets out ok,” I said to the puppet.

He nodded and made his way to the brawl. As he did, I spotted the crowbar I brought along and grabbed it off the ground.

I ran to William. “Get back here you bastard!” I yelled as I swung my crowbar at him.

He was quick. He turned and partied my attack with his knife. “You're a real pain, Michael!”

“You're not so fun yourself, Afton,” I replied.

He glared and raised his knife. He lunged at me and I stepped out of the way quickly. We exchanged swings back and forth at each other.

“You know, this could have been easy for you,” he said. “After my tests, you would have helped me bring back my son. You could have been the one to save his life. Now I have to kill you. The next guard will be more agreeable, hopefully.”

“You're not hurting anyone else, William,” I exclaimed. “This ends tonight.”

He chuckled. “You're naive Michael. You think you're some savior? Do you consider yourself their hero? You're not a vigilante. You're not a protector. You're a scared child who ran away when your sister needed you.”

I stopped in my tracks. “What do you mean?” I asked.

“Oh, caught your attention huh?” He said with a laugh. “That's right, you can't remember her. Of course, that was always the intention. You and your family are blissfully forgetful of her existence thanks to the illusion disks hidden in your house.”

“Tell me what you mean,” I demanded.

He got closer. I defensively held the crowbar in my hand.

“You probably have had some dreams here and there,” he explained. “Do you remember any? Any glimpses?”

“Vaguely,” I answered. “I remember being in a Freddy's, it might have been this one. I was with a girl, I can't remember much but…”

I held the Golden Freddy plush up. “She gave me this.”

“That girl was your sister,” he stated.

It came to me at that moment. Cassidy was the one who gave me this doll. She was the one in my recurring dreams that I seldom remembered.

Cassidy was my sister.

“You killed Cassidy,” I said. “ You killed my sister and made me forget she ever existed.”

“Yes,” he said in a solemn tone. “Of course, I only ever planned to kill the five. However the two of you snuck in to steal that doll. She saw something and unfortunately, well, you know what happened now.”

I felt a rage building up inside. How could he talk so casually about killing my sister? How could he not feel remorse over making everyone forget the life of a girl that died too soon. Despite not remembering her, I now felt like a piece of me was stolen.

“You fucking bastard!” I screamed as I swung my crowbar at his head.

There was a loud clang as he blocked it with his knife. He was struggling. I was using all my might. And based on my observations, he wasn't able to be too strenuous with his movements in the suit.

I pulled back and swung again. He blocked.

Again, he blocked. Again. Again. Again!

I kept swinging, he kept blocking. Each time, his reactions were slower, his strength weakened. He was getting desperate.

Finally, I swung at his side. The crowbar connected, tearing a piece of the suit off, knocking him to the ground. He dropped the knife and landed on his side.

He was breathing heavily as he was out of energy. He was defeated, at least for now.

I looked back to see the animatronics standing behind me. Freddy was holding Charlie in his arms. Foxy, Bonnie, Chica and the Puppet were grouped with him. Laying on the ground were the destroyed remains of the funtimes, as well as a weakened Elizabeth sitting against the wall, clutching her side.

“We've won,” I said.

They all seemed relieved. Charlie blinked her eyes open and looked at me. Her eyes went wide suddenly.

“Look out!” she screamed.

I turned just in time to parry William from stabbing me. I knocked the knife out of his hand, then slammed the crowbar against the side of his suit.

The air was filled by the sound of a spring snapping. He stopped in his tracks and a sharp sound of metal snapping echoed followed by a gutteral squelching of flesh being impaled.He grabbed his side. “AAAAAH- Somebody!” He screamed out.

The sound of another spring was followed by snapping metal. He fell to his knees. Blood began to leak from the seams of his suit.

“Springlocks,” Charlie stated.

William looked at me. I could see his eyes through the mask. He was pleading. He was praying for me to help. I didn't move. I didn't budge.

“You're in a hell of your own making, William,” I said. “You'd better hope God is as merciful as they say. Otherwise, your fate is in the devil's hands.”

I turned around.

“Mike,” he gasped. “Please, don't let me die like this.”

Another metal snapped, squelching following. He cried out a desperate cry of pain and agony.

I ignored him. I walked to Freddy and took Charlie from his arms. “Think you can handle the rest?”

Freddy nodded. “Get her to the hospital. Thanks to you and Cassidy, our animatronic programming is gone. We're free if his control”

I nodded and walked towards the exit, carrying Charlie. I looked back and watched as Foxy dragged William with his hook. Bonnie and Chica were dragging Elizabeth, each taking one of her arms. The animatronics took the two of them to the elevator.

William was crying out and screaming as more springlocks closed on him. Each snap of metal told me he was in agony. Elizabeth struggled and screamed out as she was dragged away.

“Mike!” William screamed. “Charlie! Henry! Anyone!”

He was silenced as the elevator doors closed behind him and the animatronics.