Silent Pain ( Part2)

Breathless and frantic, Jimin and Taehyung rushed to the hospital counter.

"Please, can you tell us where Jeon Jungkook is?" Jimin pleaded, his voice trembling with fear.

"Of course. Can I ask who you are to the patient?" she inquired gently.

"We're his brothers," Taehyung replied hastily, his heart pounding with anxiety.The receptionist quickly checked her records and informed them, "He's in room number 238."

With a surge of relief, Jimin and Taehyung dashed towards room 238. But as they reached the door, it swung open, revealing a doctor stepping out.

"Jin hyung..." Taehyung whispered in disbelief.Standing before them was Jungkook's doctor Seokjin, their father's close friend's son whom they had grown up with, almost like brothers.

" You ... You are Jungkook's doctor ?"

" Yes Jimin I am his doctor."

"Is Jungkook alright? " Taehyung asked.

"He's stable for now, but he's unconscious. I need to talk to you both about his condition before you see him."

Jimin and Taehyung looked at each other and follow Jin to his cabin.

As they sat in Seokjin's cabin, a sense of unease settled over Jimin and Taehyung.

"Is Jungkook having a hard time lately?" Jin asked.Taehyung and Jimin exchange confused glances, unsure of what Jin means.

"Um, not that we know of. He seemed okay, hyung"

"I meant mentally. Is he struggling emotionally?"

Taehyung and Jimin's expressions shift to ones of guilt and concern. "We... we didn't know. Why do you ask?" Jimin asked.

"Because Jungkook is in depression."

Jimin and Taehyung exchanged a shocked and worried look.

"He's just fourteen. He is in depression!!" Jin said frustrated.

"He seemed okay before, but today..." Taehyung mumbled. Jin raises his eyebrows "What happened today?"

Jimin explains everything that happened.

"Are you serious? Are you out of your minds?" Jin scroll frustratedly."Do you even know why Jungkook is admitted in the hospital?"

They stay silent, their curiosity piqued.

"He attempted suicide. He jumped into the river, not just any river, he ran in front of a car. He was saved, but then he jumped from the bridge into the water before anyone could stop him. It's because of those people that Jungkook is in the hospital right now."

Taehyung and Jimin became shocked As tear wield up in their eyes. The gravity of the situation hit them like a ton of bricks as they struggled to process the horrifying truth.

"He... he attempted suicide?" Jimin whispered, his voice barely audible as he struggled to comprehend the magnitude of Jungkook's pain.

Tears welled up in Taehyung's eyes as he struggled to contain his emotions. "How could we not have known?" he choked out, his voice filled with regret.

"And not only this...." He was about to say something else, but a nurse interrupts them.

" Dr. Kim, the patient in room no-238 is out of control."

Jin, Taehyung, and Jimin eyes widen in alarm as they all run to Jungkook's room.

As they reached Jungkook's room, they found Jungkook was thrashing , his eyes wild with panic and confusion. Medical staff tried to restrain him, but he fought against them, his cries echoing through the room.

"Jungkook!" Jimin called out, his voice filled with desperation as he rushed to his brother's side, his heart breaking at the sight of Jungkook's distress.Taehyung followed closely behind, his hands shaking as he tried to calm Jungkook down. "Kookie, it's us! We're here for you"
He pleaded, his voice trembling with emotion.

Tears streamed down Jungkook's cheeks as he broke down in front of his brothers. " I am sorry....I am sorry...so sorry."  He apologized  his voice choked with emotion.

Jimin gently cupped Jungkook's cheeks, his eyes filled with concern and confusion. "Why are you saying sorry, Kookie?"

Jungkook took a deep, shuddering breath,"I... I didn't die," His voice barely above a whisper. "I tried... I tried to kill myself, but I couldn't. I thought I would make things easier for you both, but I failed. I'm sorry, hyungs. I'm so sorry."

Jimin and Taehyung's heart shattered as they  listened to Jungkook's heartbreaking confession. Taehyung reached out, grasping Jungkook's hands tightly, his own tears flowing freely. "Kookie, no," He whispered.

Jungkook shook his head, his shoulders shaking with sobs. "I'm sorry, Taehyung hyung" He choked out. "I know you've always been there for me, fulfilling my every wish. But this time, I couldn't fulfill yours."

jin and the nurses stood in shock, their hearts heavy with sorrow as they witnessed Jungkook like this.

As Jungkook sobbed, Taehyung felt a sharp pain in his chest as if he'd been struck by lightning. He knew the words he had spoken in anger were causing Jungkook pain, and he couldn't forgive himself for it. Taehyung pulled Jungkook into a tight hug, his own tears mixing with his brother's.

"I'm so sorry, Jungkook. I never meant it. I was angry, and I said something I shouldn't have. Please forgive me," Taehyung pleaded, his voice choked with emotion. He held Jungkook close.

Jungkook gently broke the embrace and cupped Taehyung's cheeks, his eyes filled with sadness"Why are you apologizing, hyung? You were right. I should have died in that accident, not our parents. I know the pain you and Jimin hyung are going through because of me."

Taehyung shook his head firmly, tears streaming down his face. "No, Jungkook, don't say that. We never thought you should have died. You mean everything to us."

Jimin stepped forward whose eyes were also teary, he held Jungkook's hands saying , "Kooki, please believe us. We love you so much. You're our brother, and we could never want anything bad to happen to you."

Jungkook looked down, didn't know what to say as Jimin was about to say something but before he could , Jin stepped in. "I think you two should take a break for a while," Jin suggested gently. Taehyung protested, but Jin gave him a reassuring nod.

Taehyung and Jimin looked at Jungkook one last time, and Jimin patted his shoulder tenderly. "We're just here if you need us, okay?" They said, leaving the room to give Jungkook some space.

As Jimin and Taehyung walked out of the room, Taehyung's emotions overwhelmed him. He broke down in tears, collapsing to the ground kneeling,he covered his face with his hands and sobbed.

"Tae?" Jimin called out,rushing to his side as he quickly kneeled beside him and wrapped an arm around his shoulder.Taehyung cried out, "It's my fault, Jimin. My fault."

Jimin tried to console him, speaking softly, "Tae, it's not only your fault. It's our fault for not noticing what Jungkook was going through. We should have been there for him."Taehyung shook his head, his voice breaking as he tried to speak through his tears. "But I told him... I said things I shouldn't have. I hurt him, Jimin."

Jimin pulled Taehyung into a comforting embrace, his voice soothing. "Tae, please calm down. Let's sit on the chair, okay?" Taehyung nodded, sniffling as Jimin helped him to his feet and guided him to a nearby chair. Jimin knelt in front of Taehyung, holding his hands and looking into his eyes.

"I know you feel guilty, Tae, and maybe you should, but we can't keep hurting ourselves by dwelling on the past. Instead, we need to focus on fixing our mistakes and ensuring they don't happen again," Jimin said earnestly.
Taehyung looked at his twin who continued ," We both share responsibility for this. We'll do our best to earn Jungkook's forgiveness and help him heal. We'll bring him back to the way he was."

Taehyung gave Jimin an encouraging nod as they looked at Jungkook's room.

To be continued.........