|♠ 𝗂𝗌 𝗂𝗍 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗒 𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗋? ♠|

♚ 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 ♕

"THE BASTARD THAT NEARLY KILLED OUR SISTER'S STILL OUT THERE," Diego pointed out, "with Vanya. We need to go after her."

"Vanya," Five sighed, "is not important."

"Hey," Diego snapped, "that's your sister. A little heartless even for you, Five."

We all were discussing what our next move should be. Klaus sat on the couch huddled into a ball with a distracted look on his face, while Five and Diego paced the room, going back and forth. I sat in one of the armchairs, watching with disinterest.

"I'm not saying I don't care about her," Five argued, "but if the apocalypse happens today, she dies along with the other seven billion of us." He paused, sighing again. "Harold Jenkins is our first priority."

"Diego, just listen to him," I said, standing up.

"Okay, fine, I agree, let's go."

"You guys count me out," Klaus piped up.

We all stared at him.

"I mean, you know, no offense or whatever. It's just...I kind of feel like this is a whole lot of pressure for newly-sober me, so..."

"You're coming," Diego demanded.

"Yeah, get off your ass and let's go," I said.

"No, no, no, I mean, I think we can all agree that my power's..." Klaus trailed off. "I mean, it's pretty much useless. I'd just be holding you guys back."

None of us moved. "Klaus, get up," Five said.

Klaus frowned. "You can't make me."

Diego flung a knife right into the cushion of the couch between Klaus's legs, making him jump. Finally, he sighed, getting up. "Oh, then again, a little exercise couldn't hurt. Yeah."

"Good, let's go," I nodded, and together, we left the house, hailing a taxi to Harold Jenkins' place.

"IT'S NOT EXACTLY WHAT I WAS EXPECTING," Klaus muttered tiredly.

We stood over the very much dead body of Harold Jenkins, staring at the many knives and scissors and screwdrivers stabbing into his abdomen.

"The understatement of the year," Five agreed.

"No sign of Vanya," Klaus noted.

"Let's get out of here before the cops come," Diego pressed, turning away. 

Quickly, I pulled my gaze away from the corpse, taking slow, deep breaths. I was about to leave, glad to have an excuse, when Five suddenly said, "In a minute."

I turned back around. He knelt down over the body, pulling out the prosthetic eye from his pocket. Carefully, he peeled off the eyepatch that covered one of Jenkins' eyes.

"Come on, Five, what are you...?" Diego rubbed his eyes.

"Euhhh, wow," Klaus muttered as Five shoved the prosthetic into Jenkins' empty eye socket.

"Same eye color, same pupil size," Five pointed out. "Guys, this is it. The eye I've been carrying around for decades, it's...it's found its rightful home."

I watched as Five pulled out the eye again. "We got the guy we needed to kill to stop the apocalypse," Diego said.

"Yayyy," Klaus cheered softly, pumping a fist. "Let's go."

"Finally," I muttered, straightening up and turning to leave.

"No, no, no, wait," Five said, pulling out a slip of paper from his pocket and yanking on my wrist. "Look, this is the note that I got from the Commission. The one that says, 'Protect Harold Jenkins,' aka Leonard Peabody."