|♠ 𝗂'𝗏𝖾 𝖺𝗅𝗐𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝖺 𝖿𝗂𝗀𝗎𝗋𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝗆𝗒𝗌𝖾𝗅𝖿 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖺 𝗆𝖾𝗅𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝖿𝖺𝖼𝖾 ♠|

♚ 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 ♕

"BE CAREFUL, OKAY?" Allison pleaded as we stepped out of the car, slamming the doors behind us. "We don't know what Peabody's capable of."

"Yeah, he didn't seem dangerous when I first saw him," Diego replied. "Looked kinda scrawny."

"Yeah, well, so are most serial killers and mass murderers." Allison paused, glancing at Five. "I mean, look at him."

"Thanks," Five said, limping slightly as we made our way over to the house.

"Good point," I smirked, though taking note of Five's limp. "So what does this guy want with Vanya, exactly, if not to screw her?"

"I don't know," Five shrugged as we made our way up the porch. Allison disappeared around the back, most likely to find an open window or something. "How about we ask him after we kill him?"

"Woah, woah," Diego interrupted, holding out a hand with a slightly concerned look at the two of us. "You little gremlins are staying out here. I'm gonna burst through..." He paused, noticing Allison's absence with a sigh. "You know what, it would be nice for people just to stick–"

Before he could finish that thought, Five gripped onto my wrist and blinked us away, inside the house.

I yanked my wrist back, glaring. "I thought I told you to warn me when you were about to do that," I snapped.

"Apologies, my lady," Five drawled dryly, casually pressing a hand to his side, underneath his blazer. "Habit, I guess."

We walked over to the main entrance when suddenly Diego came crashing through the just-big-enough glass part of the door, landing on the floor with a thud.

"Subtle," Allison noted, coming into view with her hands in her pockets.

"Very," I agreed, acting impressed.

"You know, the door was unlocked," Five mentioned, twisting the handle and pulling on the door.

"Yeah, well my way works just fine," Diego grunted, getting up. "Spread out. Yell if you, uh...you know, you're in trouble." He walked away into the living room, breathing heavily.

"Ah, inspiring leadership," Five remarked.

"One of the greats," Allison sighed, looking after him in feigned awe.

I rolled my eyes at them, mumbling under my breath, and made my way up the stairs, my eyes flickering between photographs on the walls.

Finally, I came up onto the second floor, glancing around. It opened out into a hallway, different doors opening into different rooms. I looked down, frowning at two divots about a foot and a half apart in the carpet. Almost like...ladder marks.

Slowly, I looked up to see a hatch with a tiny handle dangling from a rope. Hesitantly, I pulled on it, stepping back to let the ladder stretch out back onto the floor. Then I made my way up the ladder, trying not to get splinters from the chipping wood.

I made it halfway up, peaking my head into the area before letting out a breath. "Guys!" I called.

"ALL OUR FACES ARE BURNT OFF," Allison muttered.

Leonard Peabody's attic held a mural on a cardboard wall, pictures of...us taped to them. Our eyes were crossed off, though, and on a shelf nearby stood all our action figures. However, the plastic of our faces was distorted and melting and blackish-gray.

"Maybe he has a flame-breathing dragon somewhere up here," I suggested jokingly.

"Well, that's not creepy," Diego mumbled. "This guy's got some serious issues."