|♠ 𝗂 𝗁𝖺𝗍𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗆𝗈𝗋𝖾. ♠|

♚ 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 ♕
| 18 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝖺𝗀𝗈 |

WE WALK UP TO THE DOORWAY OF OUR HOUSE, SMILING FOR THE CAMERAS THAT FLASH FROM THE SIDE.

The bank robbery was just a week ago, yet word has practically flooded the streets of New York.

They're superhero kids!

Did you see how he threw those knives?

She can get anything she wants.

Do you think he could teleport to space?

How long do you think she can keep someone asleep?

How are they so special?

We smile for the pictures, the pictures that will be plastered on the front of all the latest magazines and newspapers.

Umbrella Academy Saves the Day.

Wonderkids Win Again.

We've been called many things, good and bad.

"I was born on the same day as you! Maybe I have powers, too!"

I turn to find Luther with his hand on a random boy's shoulder, unfriendliness radiating from his posture. The boy wears a makeshift uniform–our uniform, but a real crappy version of it.

"You shouldn't be here," Luther snaps.

Getting out of line, I shove past Luther, giving him a glare and standing between him and the boy. "Leave him alone, Luther."

Cameras flash. Words are passed around. Narrowing his eyes, Luther follows the rest of our siblings inside.

I turn my attention back to the kid and give him a small smile. "Hi."

The kid smiles back. "Hi."

I hesitate. "Did you mean you're...special, like us?"

The kid's eyes widen, hope lacing his smile. "I...I think I might be. If you could just–"

"Y/N," Five urges, pulling my arm back and shoving the kid down to the ground. "Let's go."

"Stop!" I yelp at Five, but he takes my hand and blinks me inside the house.

I have to bend down to keep myself from hurling, nausea washing over me. "Why the hell did you do that?" I snap once I regain my composure.

"You were causing a commotion," Five replies.

"What if that kid has powers, like us?" I demand. "What if he needs help?"

"He isn't like us," Five said, shaking his head and glaring. "You know he isn't."

"Well, you didn't have to be such an asshat about it."

"Grow up, Y/N."

"You're such a jerk."

"You're a child."

"I hate you."

"Yeah, well, I hate you more."

I shake my head at him, frustration bubbling in my throat as I turn and walk away.

I didn't say a single word throughout dinner. Which, to be honest, wasn't all that surprising, since we're not even allowed to talk during meals. But still.

I knew Ben and Vanya were trying to make eye contact with me, to see if I was okay, but I just stared down at my plate the entire time. 

I glanced at Five a couple of times, who stared at his plate just as much as I did, except with a hard scowl on his face. Moron.