|♠ 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍'𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗇 𝖺𝗀𝖺𝗂𝗇? ♠|

♚ 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 ♕
| 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗌𝖾𝗇𝗍 𝗍𝗂𝗆𝖾 |

"WHEN'S IT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN?" Luther asked quietly. "This...apocalypse."

By the time Five was finished telling his story, he seemed to have sobered up. He was hunched over, his hands folded and his elbows resting on his knees, facing Luther, who was sitting in the chair I had been in earlier. I was lying down behind him on the bed, trying to forget what had just happened no more than ten minutes ago. 

Five kept his eyes down. "I can't give you the exact hour, but...from what I could gather, we have four days left."

"Why didn't you say something sooner?" Luther asked. "Both of you."

"It wouldn't have mattered," Five answered.

"Of course it would," Luther insisted. "We could've banded together and helped you try to stop this thing."

I opened my mouth to disagree when Five said, "For the record, you already tried."

I sat straight up, wincing at the pain it caused my shoulder. Five had never told me anything about seeing our dead bodies, and even though I had already known about it, it still interested me to see what he would say. "What?"

Five turned around to look at me. He was a silent for a moment before saying, "I found all of you. Your bodies." He hesitated. "I found you."

I stared at him. I wasn't sure what he was feeling.

"We die?" Luther asked, apparently surprised.

I scoffed, turning to my younger brother. Well, older. Technically. "No, Luther. We just go back to dilly-dallying around, dancing on clouds and rainbows. Of course the apocalypse doesn't kill us. Why would it?"

Five rolled his eyes at me and ignored my sarcastic comment. "You were together, trying to stop whoever it was that ends the world," Five explained.

"Wait, how do you know that?" he asked. 

Five took the eyeball out of his pocket and held it up to eye-level. "This was clutched in your dead hand when I found you. Must've ripped it out of their head right before you went down."

"Whose head?" Luther questioned.

"That's what we've been trying to figure out, big guy," I said, flopping myself back down onto the bed. "That was what the whole eyeball thing was about."

"Well, did you guys try the serial number on the back?"

"Dead end," Five said quickly. He laughed, a hollow laugh without humor. "It's just another hunk of glass."

Suddenly the door burst open. "Pieces of shit," Diego muttered through his teeth, storming down the stairs and straight at Five and I. I sat up, slightly concerned. He looked furious. "Do you two have any idea what you just did?"

Luther stepped in front of him, holding him back from Five and I. Diego struggled, shouting and kicking and pushing and thrashing around. "No!" he grunted. "Get your...ape hands...off of me!"

"I can do this as long as it takes you to clam down," Luther chided.

Five and I stared awkwardly at them, occasionally glancing at each other with uncertainty. After a silent moment, Diego gritted his teeth. "Fine," he spat.

"Now," Luther sighed, straightening up and looking down at Diego. "Wanna tell us what you're talking about?"

Luther didn't take his eyes off of us. "Our siblings have been pretty busy since they got back," he breathed. Then his voice grew louder and angrier. "They were in the middle of that shootout at Griddy's, and then at Gimble Brothers after the guys in the masks attacked the Academy, looking for them."