|♠ 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾 ♠|

It is a sacrifice, to love.

A sacrifice to both involved
Under death or separation
And love is a risk, as well
When you take a chance
With your eyes closed
And a smile on your face
And you jump, head first
Into the water you're sure is safe.

Sometimes, you do not come out.

♚ 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 ♕
-| 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝖺𝗒 𝖻𝖾𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾 |-

"YOUR MOVE, FIVE."

"Be patient."

I watched as his fingers caressed the tip of his queen, tipping the piece back and forth. Finally, he drew the piece forward three spaces, knocking over my knight, and then, to my surprise, dragging it even further until it pushed over my king. "Checkmate."

"I could've gone there." I pointed to a space on the board, annoyed.

"No, you couldn't have."

I didn't bother to check. I knew he was right. He always was. 

Five stood, placing his hands in his pockets, leaving me to place all the pieces back on the board. 

"Where are you going?"

He glanced at me, as if he hadn't noticed I was in the room before. "You're coming with me."

"Like hell I am," I scoffed, picking my king back up from its fallen state and examining it. Then I felt his hand on my arm and suddenly I was in Five's room, sitting on his bed instead of the stiff wooden chairs we sat on just seconds before.

"Now you just left Mom to clean up our mess," I snapped. I still had the wooden king in my hand, the black paint chipping.

"It's her job," was all he replied with. He sat down next to me and took the king from my hands.

"You act like she's our maid or something," I said.

Five turned the king over and over in his hands, staring at it. Then he gave it back to me and stood, ignoring my accusation.

He slid off his blazer and draped it over his desk chair, so that he was just in his white button-up, his sweater vest, and his tie. Running a hand through his hair restlessly, he sat down next to me again, keeping his eyes on the ground. He bounced his thigh up and down, folding his hands together and leaning forward, his elbows resting on his knees.

"Y/N."

"What?"

"I'm going to try to time travel tomorrow."

I whipped my head around to look at him, to see if he was joking. His eyes were pointed down, his eyebrows knitted in uncertainty. He wouldn't look at me.

"You can't."

"Why not?"

I didn't know what to say. Because you're not ready, because you'll mess up, because I can't lose you, because you can't leave me. Because, because, because. 

But I didn't know what to say. 

Finally, I decided on something to ask, something that would eventually cost the whole world.

"Will you take me with you?"

He turned to look at me, his expression surprised. He was silent for a while. Then he spoke. "Y/N, I can't do that."