Chapter Nineteen

There were two groups on our trip to Bukidnon: us and our teenage cousins until Hiruto rode on a plane going to CDO. The elders took the private jet with some of our girl cousins. The ones with us now are Aki with Nat, Henry, Hiroto, Levi, Miguel, Adi, Loise, Jessy, my girlfriend Karina, Gab, Lance, Enzo, Bryden, Ethan, and Haruto. Mira, Aly, and Kass were with the elders.

We decided to travel early because we wanted to stop by CDO to roam around the city. It's not our first time, but we missed this trip. The elders will go directly to Bukidnon on Sunday, during K's birthday.

"I miss you CDO!" Levi said dramatically, raising both hands when we landed at Laguindingan airport.

Our van was already waiting to take us to Hillsborough Pointe, where one of our villas is located. My grandfather bought this property for us to rest whenever we visit CDO. They find it too bothersome to stay in a hotel or Airbnb, and they don't usually do that for safety reasons. We were also accompanied by bodyguards that my grandfather hired here in CDO.

People were looking at us, pero parang di naman kami kilala. I really don't know.

"Kuya, let's stop by Panagatan in Opol, okay?" Bryden said. I just nodded.

The group divided again into two vans. In one van, there was me, Karina, Nat, Hiro, Haru, Bryden, Miguel, Levi, Henry, and Aki. In the second van, there were Loise, Jess, Henry, Gab, Enzo, and Ethan.

"Haru, go to the other side; nakikisik-sik ka lang eh," Miguel said.

"Bahala ka dyan, I'm seating in the front seat," he replied and sat pretty on the side of the driver.

"Uncle Thomas, let's stop by in Opol." I said.

Tumango naman ito saka sinarado na ang door sa van. I texted Loise to check if they had settled and if nothing was left behind. I needed to do the counting because I'm the eldest, and I would be in trouble with the elders if someone was missing.

They allowed us to travel because I was the one who said I would take care of everyone. I wish I hadn't done that. I regretted it big time!

An hour later, we arrived in Opol, and everyone settled in their seats. I handed the menu to my girlfriend for her to choose anything.

I excused myself to call my parents and let them know that we've arrived in CDO. Our bodyguard followed me, even though I was just outside.

After the call, I went inside, and everyone ordered their meals.

"Babe, I ordered for us already," K said.

I just smiled and thanked her.

"Kuya, can we go to SM Downtown later?" Loise asked.

"Nope, order ni dad  that we can't go to crowded places. We can go to SM but in uptown."

"Boringggg..." They all said in unison.

I just rolled my eyes. They are indeed hardheaded! Why did I even agree to this?

After dining, we all went directly to the villa. It was almost 7 when we arrived, so everyone was tired.

The ones who wanted to go around and explore had already fallen asleep. Typical.

"Baby?" I gently caressed my girlfriend's face as she slept in my bed.

She opened her eyes but instead of looking at me, she just held my hand and used it as a pillow.

I smirked.

"Love, it's 10 pm, we need to have dinner," I said, embracing her from behind.

"Hmm, okay," she said, yawning. She turned to face me, hugged my waist, and closed her eyes again.