Chapter 13 : You are my mangata

Within the safety of their family pod, Y/n found comfort in the presence of her loved ones. Ki'ri, her caring sister, gently rocked her, urging her to let out the last of her tears.

"Let it out, Y/n. We're here for you," Ki'ri said softly, her voice soothing.

Neytiri, busy preparing dinner, watched over Y/n with concern, while Jake, offered a sturdy shoulder for her to lean on.

"It's okay, princess. Take your time," Jake reassured me, his voice steady.

Neytiri, kissed Y/n's forehead tenderly, conveying her unwavering support.

"We're here for you, sweetheart. Whatever you need," Neytiri said warmly.

As we sat together, the atmosphere in the pod became more relaxed. Ki'ri looked at Y/n with a worried expression.

"Do you feel any better now, Y/n?" Ki'ri asked.

I managed a small smile. "Yeah, a little. Thanks, Ki'ri."

mom announced that dinner was ready, and they gathered around the table.

Loak and Neteyam returned, their expressions tense despite their efforts to appear composed. I could tell they had been affected by everything that had transpired; perhaps they had even encountered some resistance on their way home. Sighing, I stood up and positioned myself between them, enveloping them both in a tight hug.

Loak allowed a few silent tears to escape, his frustration evident as he leaned into my shoulder. He was furious, furious that he couldn't protect his older sister, the one who had always been there for them. The first boy she had ever felt genuine feelings for had treated them poorly because he wasn't strong enough. If only he had been a little stronger, none of this would have happened, and Y/n would be happy. But I couldn't let him blame himself for something he had no control over. Pressing a gentle kiss to his forehead, I whispered softly, "It's okay, my Loak. It's okay," while giving him a reassuring squeeze.

A loud noise interrupted us as Tuk returned, bubbling with excitement to show us something. This little one never failed to bring a smile to everyone's face.

"Look, look!" she exclaimed, holding up a beautiful shell she had found.

"Wow, Tuk, it's really beautiful," Mom exclaimed, and we all agreed. The shell was a stunning red spiral, quite large in size.

"Tsyireya and Tsotey'la showed me, and I picked it up myself!" she announced proudly, causing us all to chuckle at her adorable enthusiasm.

After that, the atmosphere became more serene. Tuk regaled us with tales of her little adventure while we enjoyed the tranquility of the moment, eating together as a family.

Despite the earlier turmoil, being surrounded by my family brought a sense of peace. But I knew that deep down, I was still hurt, Ao'nung hurt me so much.

After dinner, I felt the need to be alone with my thoughts, so I made my way to the shore. Sitting on the sandy beach, letting the gentle waves wash over my feet, finding solace in the rhythmic sound of the ocean.

As I sat there, feeling the weight of sadness pressing down on myself, Neteyam quietly approached and sat beside me. He didn't say anything at first, respecting my need for silence.

After a while, I spoke softly, my voice barely above a whisper. "I don't understand, Neteyam. Why did Ao'nung do that? Why did he betray me?"

Neteyam sighed, his expression pained. "I wish I had the answers, Y/n. But sometimes people make mistakes, even when they care about us. I think his group of friends has a bad influence on him, certainly this Atu'lu always trying to fight with us."