Chapter 6 : Ka'nu

After some time, we finally arrived and stopped by the beach. My Jake looked at me and nodded calmly, discreetly telling me not to do too much. Since I covered my forehead mark with a piece of jewelry that my mother gave me when she passed away, I needed to make myself small, the total opposite of myself. I scoffed mentally at his look. Neteyam and Lo'ak were on my right, looking at me with narrowed eyes. Lo'ak hushed at Neteyam, 'Bro, even with this, they're going to see her as a danger.'

Neteyam looked back and forth between me and Lo'ak, 'Yeah, but she can't hide her aura. It's all over the place; we all know that she's really protective over us. And since...' he stopped, not needing to finish the sentence. They both sighed silently in compassion. Y/n had gone through so much in a short lapse of time.

As I looked around, Ki'ri was feeling down; she was behind us. I went by her side to give her support, putting my hand on her shoulder. She looked at me, slightly cracking a small grateful smile. People were starting to rush to us; I slightly backed up to not appear too much as a danger to them.

Dad looked at my mom, taking her bow, 

'Hey, leave it.' She sighed frustrated as he continued, 

'On me.' Looking directly into my eyes, 'Tuk,' my mother called to her to come by her side.

 'Be nice,' my parents both told us. As if it wasn't enough, Neytiri looked at me,

 'Be nice.' Lo'ak cracked a little laugh as I punched him discreetly behind his head. Ki'ri giggled discreetly at the sight, as Lo'ak gave me a hard look, only responding to him with a smirk

People started to surround us; some people started to recognize Dad, whispering slightly, 'Toruk Makto,' maybe in fear of another war. Their bodies were really different from ours—blue-tailed, more muscular, adapted to swim with palmed hands and feet, and a much stronger tail to propel them more in the water, I thought to myself. The more I looked at them, the more conscious I became of my own body. It was slightly different from my family; I was more fit, with bigger, muscular legs and booty since I mounted Tsyeylor since I was 4, and I had more curves than my adoptive mom. My arms were stronger too since I loved to swim in the river of Pandora. Feeling kinda shy and not wanting to be embarrassed, I slightly backed up again, something that was really not me. I felt Ki'ri was starting to feel the same as me, covering herself up with her favorite cloth. I took her by her arm to bring her closer to me; she relaxed at the touch.

Then, two boys with a girl started to make themselves appear from the crowd. The first boy was around my age, I think. He was tall, really fit—nobody was as fit as him in the clan. My eyes kept wandering on his body; he had a tattoo on his right shoulder going to his neck and forearm.A necklace with a tooth of a water creature caught my interest. it's really beautiful . His hair was brushed in a bun with some curly strips falling down. But when my eyes met his blue iced ones, my heart skipped a beat. It was like nobody was there, just the two of us. Time was altered around me. He was such a beauty; I felt like I was drowning in this place. Ki'ri placed her hand on mine in fear, snapping me from my trance. I blinked, squinting my eyes to see who was with him. Another man was with him, shorter, with curly hair and a tattoo on his chest. The other girl was looking down, kinda shy and intimidated, looking directly at... I giggled in my thoughts, looking at the look between her and Neteyam, feeling proud of my baby brother.

The three started to come near us; my brothers did the greeting sign, but only the girl returned it with a smile. I frowned at the sight; no one can disrespect my brothers. Neteyam and Lo'ak frowned slightly, but feeling my aura deepened the air, they knew it wasn't needed here.