chapter 5 : into the unknown

After all that had happened, Y/n felt somewhat lost. Without Tsyeylor to clear her foggy thoughts, she sought comfort in her only source as significant as her past soul sister. Through the forest, she found herself in a large open space, a lush jungle near a river where her mother had given birth to her. There was a little pond next to it, a place she frequented as a child to calm herself and find solace.

Often considered a strange-looking Na'vi, it took a long time for her clan to accept her with her peculiar mark. Y/n had built a sort of memorial spot here, adorned with items she found beautiful, like river shells from the Kinglor forest. 

Her parents remained somewhat of a mystery, with her mother being a fierce warrior who frequented this place to swim and bond with the water.

Mo'at once told me how Tsu'tey admired my mother, considering her the greatest warrior.

Sitting on the little spot of the memorial she had made, Y/n reminisced about the boys from her clan courting her when she was younger. However, none of them sparked any interest. Lo'ak, Neteyam, and Spider used to bet on who would be her crush or who would be rejected. Y/n chuckled at the memory, glad that Spider, who had caused trouble, disappeared. ki'ri always liked him , she didn't know why her sister was like this. nut she respect it anyway.

Humans, on the other hand, brought a sense of disgust to her. The thought of them made her feel sick. Attempting to reconnect with her mother, she entered a meditative state. 

"Hey, Mom... I don't know how to start. I'm feeling lost, so lost. The pain in me is unbearable. Is this what you felt when Dad died? It's like something is missing in me, like I'm not here anymore..."

Y/n sighed, feeling her pain intensify. "Tsyeylor, I miss her so much. Quaritch, this man killed her with no mercy. Why is Eywa doing this to me? What did I do? Tsyeylor made me a part of the clan. Eywa already punished me with this mark, not being able to bond with an ikran! I bond with every animal, but why not an ikran? I never felt at my place. The only place I found it was when I was with my people, when they considered me as palulukan makto, as their future tsahìk. And now, she punishes me even more with Tsyeylor dead!"

Anger surged within her, disrupting her attempt at meditation. Her tail swayed angrily, but she tried to calm herself by breathing deeply. "Now we have to leave. I need to put everything behind me. I'm lost, Mom. I don't know what my purpose is. No tsahìk, no palulukan makto. What am I supposed to do?"

Unbeknownst to Y/n, Mo'at had been listening the whole time, following Atokirinas to find her. Witnessing Y/n's struggles, Mo'at knew she had to share the Metkayina tales about the mark on her forehead. Meanwhile, Jake had been talking about their destination—the Metkayinans.

Mo'at approached Y/n, her steps alerting someone nearby. Y/n realized it was her grandmother, the only one who knew about this hidden place.

"Mo'at," Y/n whispered, acknowledging her grandmother. She stayed put, following Mo'at's signal not to move. Mo'at joined her, placing a comforting hand on Y/n's arm.

"My child, it's time for you to fully understand who you are. There is a great path in front of you," Mo'at spoke with a sense of purpose. Y/n's head tilted in confusion; how could this be possible?

Mo'at began to unravel the story of her mark, recounting the legend of Ku'na—a name whispered through the ages, a legend among the Na'vi.

Ku'na, a symbol of strength and wisdom, emerged during the dark days of the Ash Depression. She led the Metkayina clan through destruction, confronting those who sowed chaos and bringing victory to the Na'vi.