Chapter 10 : If you want to live here, you have to ride

"It has been two weeks since we've been here. My sisters and brother were really slow on the training, and since I was more experienced compared to them, I started my tsahik training with Ronal earlier.

I was kinda scared at first, but my relationship with her is doing really great. I've learned a lot of new things about their culture, festivals, and all their ceremonies. I also helped her learn about our clan. It's fascinating to see the differences between our traditions.

Ronal is also training my mom, so I'm happy that I could spend some time with her too. It's really great.

However, in these two weeks, my siblings seemed kind of distant, even though they're not trying to show it. I was aware that something was off, but due to my busy schedule, when I went back to our pod, I just went to my mattress to sleep. I woke up early every morning to do the people greeting with Ronal, learning through her. People were kind to me, giving gifts or showing me their specialties. It was a great opportunity for Ronal to be close to her people once more.

A gentle, familiar little girl came by me with a gummy smile. I crouched down to her size, ruffling her hair gently. "Hello, little one! It's good to see you again," I said, smiling at her.

She responded in a hum, rapidly showing the bead in her hair—the one I gave her the first day I arrived here. I smiled gently, touching the beads. "You look really pretty with it," she giggled, playing with my hair in return.

"Not as much as you, y/n. Like I said before, I want to be just like you. Can you give me some advice?" She asked with puppy eyes.

Ronal smiled at the sight, observing the interaction between the two of us. She truly admired my personality and the fact that I was getting along with her people and adapting to their customs so quickly that it seemed like I had always lived here.

"Well, I'm going to tell you a secret," I whispered slightly. Her little ears perked up in anticipation.

"The only secret you need to know is to not care about the others. If you want to do something, do it. Eywa gifted you this beautiful and strong body, so make her proud. If you like to hunt, be the best at it and show them who you are," I smiled at her, and she smiled back, stars in her eyes.

"Ooooh, I want to be the best diver like my mommy, but I also want to be the best hunter. It's going to be too difficult," she said, her ears flattening a little with defeated thoughts.

"Don't be sad, little one. You're going to be the best diver and huntress that Awat'alu ever saw. If you want to be the best, then you're already the best. And look," I pointed to the bead I gave her in her hair.

"This gift is really special. I wore it when I had my first hunt, becoming the youngest huntress of my clan, and ever since... the best," I whispered the last part, making her laugh.

She looked back at the bead. "Well, with this lucky charm, I'm going to be the best huntress and diver," she said, running proudly and determinedly to her pods, announcing the news to her parents.

I laughed, watching her tiny steps on the sand.

Ronal chuckled, catching my attention, and I responded with a smile. "You're adapting really well, Y/n. I'm really proud of you. But today you're going to be training with your brother and sister. My children are going to show you how to ride an ilu. I know it was meant for the second day, but it's better for your siblings to take more time on their underwater skills," she explained, a warm smile gracing her face. The prospect of reuniting with my siblings and experiencing the thrill of riding an ilu filled me with joy. My tails swayed left and right, sweeping the sand beneath me.

"I'm really happy to hear this, Ronal. I've missed my siblings, and I'm genuinely excited to bond with an ilu. I've been anticipating this day since Ao'nung told me about it," I expressed, looking at her. Her ears perked up at the mention of her son's name, and a subtle understanding passed between us.

maganta - tsu'tey heritage ( ao'nung x reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें