It's past four in the morning but she still couldn't get sleepy. She did nothing but look at the handsome face of her husband and pray that he will recover soon.

"Honey, please wake up." she whispered to him as she fixed the hair that had fallen on his forehead. "I still haven't answered what you told me last night."

She could feel her nose heating up because she was holding back her tears, she didn't want Caleb to see her weak and she had to be strong for both of them.

She put Caleb's hand on her cheek, she felt the warmth of her husband's hand.

She suddenly missed him.

-----

After Christian's blood was drawn, he decided to leave the hospital, somehow he helped the Valdez family so he no longer had a reason to stay there.

"Christian, wait."

He stopped walking out of the hospital when he heard his father's voice, or he should say Mr. Cedric Valdez.

He faced him and noticed that there was a trace of worry on his face.

"When... how did you know...?"

"Which one?" he asked, but his father didn't answer so he just smile at him. "That I'm not your real son?"

His father just nod.

"Uhmmm, I was about twenty one... when a woman suddenly approached me."

He didn't hear his father say anything so he continued.

"She told me that she's my real mother, her name is Altheya Mercado. We also did a DNA test so that she could prove that she was telling the truth."

"Did she tell you that… I'm not your… real father?"

"No, she just asked for help." he answered. "Her son which is my stepbrother needed blood, so I know what blood type I have. I'm willing to help her and my stepbrother, I even gave her half of my pocket money just to support them for almost a year. I was a bit upset towards you at that time, because I didn't know why you are not living together even you have a child, but I couldn't confront you because my mother has her own family and you had yours as well. But as a son, I wanted to help them, so I thought that if I can show a proof about the relationship you two had with each other from me, at least you can give them a little help as well, so I took your hair and mine to do a DNA test so I can have a proof." he smiles at him. "...and that's how I found out that we are not related."

"Are... are you mad at me?" Sedrick asked him worriedly.

For the first time, Christian saw his father worried face because of him. Sedrick is a good father, he provided everything that he needed but they didn't become close unlike the other father and son, but he was always thankful with him even before he found out the truth.

"Are you worried that I got mad at you back then?"
Sedrick nodded.

He chuckled.

"No, of course not." he answered honestly. "I was upset, yes, because I was thinking that time why did you kept that a secret to me. But I realized a lot of things back then, the reason why I'm not the heirs of the Valdez family even though I am the oldest grandson, the reason why you left the mansion, the reason why you are not talking to your parents are perhaps, all because of me."

He noticed that his father seemed relieved, he was not a bad person to hold a grudge against the Valdez family.

But the reason why he's with Hazel was he really likes her, when he saw her for the first time in the hospital bed, he couldn't get her out of his mind. He was amazed and thought that she was so brave to save his cousin's life back then, the admiration he felt gradually deepened and he became fascinated with her. But he couldn't do anything because she likes Caleb, he just hid his feelings for her and quietly supported her, and when he found out that his cousin married another woman, he was overwhelmed. He had a chance to be together with Hazel or at least become close to her, so when she approached him at his bar, he didn't hesitate to talk to her even though he knew she would only use him.

He pretended that he had a grudge with the Valdez family and said that he would support all her plans even though the truth is that he did nothing to help her. She also asked him many times to teach Caleb's wife a lesson, but he didn't do any of what she said.

He always thought that it wouldn't take long for Hazel to learn to like him too, especially since Caleb broke up with her and got married. But he was wrong, it was more than five years since they had been together but she still head over heels in-love with his cousin, that's why he was so pleased when she told him that she wants to go together with him in the mansion.

But he didn't think that she had a plan to commit a crime that night, he was disappointed because of what she did.

"I was just starting my business when I found out that Theya was pregnant." he suddenly looked at his father when he heard him speak. "I confronted her because I knew I was not the father of the child, she confessed that she had a boyfriend other than me and she blamed me for what happened to her because I was too busy during those times."

He didn't ask his mother why they broke up so he just listened to his father's story.

"Because of my desire to give her a better life without depending on my family, I didn't realize that I was neglecting her. I do really love her to be honest so I couldn't help but blame myself back then. Until I saw a baby in front of the door where I live, I found out that Theya left the baby when I watched the cctv footage. I am the one to blame for why she able to betray me so I accepted the consequences of her mistake, your Grandma was against my decision to bring you in the mansion and said that she will no longer consider me as her son if I will take responsibility to the baby that is not mine, but I still adopted you. Your grandmother got angry, until she made an agreement that I would let her choose a woman to marry so that she could accept you into our family. It was also my decision to leave the mansion, I don't want to compete for being the heir because I don't want someone to dig up your birth."

He smiled but felt his heart break for his father, he sacrificed a lot because of his love for his mother.

"Thank you, thank you for taking care of me for all these years... Dad." he smiled at him.

Sedrick spread his arms as if he was waiting for something, he laughed and rushed towards him to give him a hug.

Who is he to hold a grudge against the family that helped him and what kind of a person he was if he will get mad at the man who took care of him since childhood even though they were not related by blood.

"Go back to Grandma, Dad." he said after he left his embrace.

"Let's go back together." he said.

"Nah, I'm about to cry Dad so I will go outside first." he said then laugh. "I'll be back after I cry it out."

He walks away from his father, he went straight to the garden on the side of the hospital because he couldn't hold back his tears. That was the first time he and his father talked, he felt overwhelmed. His father is always serious whenever he meets him, as if at a young age, he is teaching him to become a strong independent person.

He suddenly wiped his tears and lifted his head when he felt something cold on his cheek, he saw a young lady standing in front of him.

"Drink this." she said and offered her a small tetra pack.

He suddenly remembered where he saw this young lady, she was Neli's stepsister but he didn't know her name.

"Milk?" he exclaimed and raised his eyebrow as he accepted the milk that she offered to him. "Seriously?"

"Babies often stop crying when they are given milk, and do you expect beer in the hospital?"

He chuckled because of what she said, she was different from her older stepsister Neli.

"I'm a grown-up man, young lady."

"So don't cry then." she said and left.

He just stared at the milk that she gave, he couldn't stop smiling because of that young lady.

Is she trying to comfort me or teasing me?