Pretend We're Just Friends (Part 2/3)

Почніть із самого початку

With a small chuckle, he thought about the view that he had from high in the sky. While it was the same view every time, the sheer amount of land he could see from up there was almost unbelievable.

"I don't think I can see all of it from the sky, but judging from what I can see...it's massive. Bigger than either of us could ever imagine." He said, Cyan turned to look at him as he spoke, her face was one of awe, and she seemed very interested.

"Before I could fly, I had no idea how big it was...I wish I could show you what it looked like." Yellow told her, leaning towards her a little. The wind blew hard without anything to buffer it, but Yellow didn't feel cold. In fact, he felt warm, he always felt warm inside whenever he was with his friend,

Many times he had thought about lending Cyan the propellor pack that he wore, but it wasn't shaped for her, and it would be unsafe because she didn't have arms to secure it better.

Maybe one day, they would figure something out.

"Yellow..." Cyan said, looking unsure about something. Yellow turned his attention to her, curious about what might be making her uncomfortable.

"About what happened earlier..." Cyan said, trailing off. Yellow's breath hitched. He had been hoping that Cyan had forgotten about that. He hadn't meant to lash out at Purple, he really didn't, but he also didn't want to talk about it again.

He was about to change the subject when Cyan began talking again, her voice was soft, different than it was when she was around the others. "Are you okay? You seemed really upset earlier, you yelled at Purple." She said, and she seemed to be searching his face as he tried to answer.

"I...I know what I did..." He told her quietly. "I really didn't mean for it to come out so harshly." Yellow still felt guilty, especially after he saw Purple's face.

Yellow should have known to be more patient with the skinny monster, especially since Purple rarely talked. Now he would probably never try to speak out again for a while, and it was all because of him.

"No, it's okay. Things got a little bit crazy today. I just don't understand why you said it like that." Cyan said, moving her tail to rest on his hand comfortingly, considering that she didn't have her own hands to do it with.

The bandage that was still on her tail even after all that had happened brushed against his wing, and he carefully took it in his grip and started unwrapping it from her tail, deciding that it could be taken off about now.

"Like what?" Yellow asked, a little bit confused.

"It's not bad. I just don't understand, it sounded like you were really determined to defend Red, and I don't get why." Cyan spoke slowly, like she wasn't sure of her own observations. She kept her tail still as Yellow finished taking off the bandage.

"Oh." Yellow said, now realizing what she meant. Yellow never wanted to talk about it often, but he supposed that he could tell Cyan.

"Well...I guess I feel like I owe it to him." Yellow replied, inspecting her tail where the injury had been, then carefully setting it down. Cyan looked at him curiously, as if prompting him to continue. Yellow then looked up at the sky, watching as he saw a glimmer of a star. They were starting to come out.

"He gave me my propellor pack. Remember how I said that flying made it feel like you could take on the world? It gave me the confidence to keep going, especially after I kept messing up during hunts." Yellow confessed, feeling self-conscience.

"Oh, is that why you wanted the pack so badly?" Cyan asked, a little surprised. "You weren't that bad during hunts..."

Yellow looked back at her face, giving her a flat look. "I caught less than ten."