Chapter IV: Illusions of the Past

A/n: Yooooo, been a while hasn't it? And before you get excited, I still won't be updating this and every book I have regularly; this is just a lil gift and a sign that I'm still here for y'all. But, we all know what you're here for so....

ENJOY!!!

3rd POV

The silence was suffocating, the air was heavy as both male adults leaned against their respective walls; not uttering a word while keeping their heads down. Both of them were confused and glad to see each other but the situation and the context made this moment a bit... awkward.

"So... Professor.. how's life been?"

Y/n finally spoke, breaking the ice and making the brown haired man look up.

"It's been.. well, you could say this universe has been fulfilling..."

""This universe"..? You weren't reborn here like me?"

"Reborn..? Oh.. I've forgotten that you've passed...."

Their brief conversation came to another awkward stop, so many questions filled their minds yet so little answer was provided. Both lets out a small sigh, almost in sync, making both of their eyes widen for a moment before a chuckle left their lips. Despite everything that happened, it felt like it was just another normal day.

"What's your connection with Stelle? Dan Heng told me that you're quite close with her when the two found you."

The teacher asked, glancing at the resting ashen haired then glancing back at Y/n.

"She... You could say she's like my Bronya... the stoic daughter I never knew I needed..."

"Well, I could see how you see her in such way.. but, I'm glad to inform you that Bronya has grown well.. she had a rough start with you as her father figure but...--"

"She managed... No surprise there.."

Captain finished Welt's sentence, having a proud yet melancholic smile on his lips as he sat on a chair in front of Stelle's bed and patted the girl's head for a moment, still having that smile on his face.

"...Not to ruin the moment but.. I'd like to ask, if you don't mind..."

Welt trailed off, pushing off the wall as he now stood behind the sitting male and looked down at his daughter.

"Assume that you've seen Himeko..--"

The mention of the name left a bitter taste of his tongue as Y/n froze for a moment before nodding, signalling his mentor that it is fine and he did meet the fiery lady.

"...are you alright..? After all..."

"It's not everyday you see an alternative version of your wife..."

.

.

.

.

.

"...It was heartbreaking, professor.. but.."

Y/n stood on the stairs leading into the Astral Express, he takes a small glance back at the space station as he grinned and finally headed inside.

"It made me renew my vigor... Himeko was.."

"My everything..."

As he walked along the corridors of the express, he trailed his fingers along it's walls. A smile plastered on his face whenever he felt he feels the fine fabric of its upper walls.

"And when I saw her, I knew in myself that..."

The door onto the main cabin opened and Y/n entered, finding every single one of the members of the express present there; including his daughter, Stelle.

"Y/n.."

"Himeko..."

.

.

.

.

.

"Welcome abroad the Astral Express..!"

"Glad to be part of it.."

.

.

.

"I knew that.. I have a chance..."

"A chance to relive my life with her once again.."

.

.

.

"and maybe.. just maybe... I'll get to start the family we both have always wanted..."