Chapter 10: to this day

Ever since Samuel has unleashed magic back to the world by moving the statues of the warring triad from their original positions, it brought nothing but mayhem as monsters and creatures appeared from nowhere. The imperial capital city is reduced to rubble from the earthquake, but most people (soldiers, researchers, civilians, etc) were lucky enough to escape with their lives. Even the imperial palace and magitek research facility is reduced to ruins from the earthquake, from which Samuel was glad to see both buildings being destroyed. Throughout the world, over seventy eight percent of the population suddenly gained the ability to use magic in different forms in order to combat the monsters. Unfortunately, few small villages and towns are destroyed from earthquakes and monster attacks. Some big towns, including South Meontis, and villages shored up defences against the raiding monsters while training magic users to protect.

A month after magic being released, benevolent creatures that range from moogles to fairies have appeared and started building towns as well as to help humanity rebuild and coexist. As for Samuel and group, they have landed the airship in the ruins of where the imperial capital city stood. Once they got off, they were amazed by the destruction of the entire city caused by an earthquake.

"What do we do, Samuel? The world has changed since you broke the seal on magic, not to mention that theres monsters prowling everywhere" Asked Cherry.

"First of all, let us build our headquarter. That way, we can live there and rule this planet" answered Samuel.

"You sounded almost like the emperor, wanting to rule the world. It worries every one of us!" Said Gunther, showing concern.

"But unlike him, I can treat others with respect. Besides, at least I have treated you all like a family like I wanted" added Samuel, with a concerned smile.

"Instead of ruling the world in an instant, try starting small like this former imperial continent" suggested Bernard.

"I guess you're right, I just... don't know what came over me. I can feel the essences of the warring triad welling inside of me, filling my head with such dark thoughts that would make me do things that would hurt any of you. I don't want that, I just don't want to be alone again!" Said Samuel, with a worried look on his face.

Everyone felt sorry for him, so Cherry came over to him and hugged him to calm him down. He was touched by this that he sheds a single tear since he's not used to such kindness, since he spent eight years working for the emperor that treats him as a disposable tool.

"Now then, what shall we call our group?" Asked Gunther.

"Perhaps... this group can be called "The Shadow Syndicate" or "The Disaster Council"?" Suggested Samuel. 

"Hmm... The first suggestion is a bit on the nose, since none of us can use dark based magic. But the second suggestion sounds rather fitting, since magic has caused disasters throughout the world" said Mila.

"Then it's settled! From this day forward, I shall name this group The Disaster Council!" Samuel declared.

Everyone is on board with this idea, because it's fitting. Samuel then raised both hands and casting his magic, causing every rubble and pieces of buildings to lift off from the ground and flew towards where the palace stood. Every rubble, piece of building, and junk were stacked on top to build walls for the headquarter. As more rubble began building up, everyone can see it becoming more of a massive tower that reached up to the sky in place of the imperial palace. A type of tower made from rubble and pieces of buildings, from which the top has two smaller towers branching off.

"This will be our headquarter, the Tower of Rubble!" Grinned Samuel.

"That's... an interesting name" said Tsubaki, feeling uneased.

"Come, let me give you all a tour" said Samuel, leading everyone to the entrance.

Everyone entered the tower, and they can see that the interior feels more like a cavern made from debris and scrap metal. In front is the staircase that leads up to the second floor, and there were doors at the both sides of the room. Samuel gestures them to come up to the second floor, in which they followed him up the stairs. In the second floor, it has a corridor that contained rooms at both sides and a large door at the back. Behind the large door is a large room that has a stage built from the wood used to construct homes, other than that it also has what appears to be a bar area.

"This is going to be a tavern where our minions can go to relax, and you and Mila can perform as much as you want. After all, I made the stage for the two of you" explained Samuel.

"Wow! Our own stage where we can perform, and there's no one to use us as meal tickets!" Said Mila, in a giddy mood.

"Our own stage? Well I'm glad that you have given us our own stage, but did you really have to do that for us?" Questioned Cherry.

"Consider this as a gift from me, since you two are the first members of the Council along with Gunther" he replied.

"Heh, can't wait to see you girls dance. It'll be my lucky day!" Said Tsubaki, as he can imagine staring at the twins as they perform.

"Ugh, what a lech! I hope he can sit at the far back as far as I can, so he can't see us from behind the guests" said Mila in disgust.

"Don't worry Mila, I'll be keeping an eye on him" said Gunther, glaring at the four armed swordsman.

"Oh? Is she your girlfriend, huh? I mean, why does she be attracted to you if you're practically naked? At least use something to cover up, like putting on a shirt and pants. Then I won't be staring at her, in such a way" questioned Tsubaki, in a mocking tone.

Gunther wanted to fight Tsubaki, but lucky for him, Bernard began scolding the four armed swordsman like a parent would do to a misbehaving child. Mila comforts him, before joining up with Samuel along with her sister.

"Now then, each floor contains numerous facilities that suits the each of you. The second floor and third floor now belongs to the twins, the fourth floor contains training areas belongs to Tsubaki, the fifth and sixth floors contain parts of the magitek research facility belongs to Bernard, seventh floor and eight floors belongs to Gunther, and the ninth and top floors belong to me. Because the ninth and top floors contains parts of the imperial palace, including the throne room. I even added some rooms that you all can sleep in, and there's a room containing a pool that functions as surveillance for us to see" explained Samuel.

"Impressive, sir" said Gunther.

Tsubaki and Bernard joined the group, having the mage berated the four armed swordsman. Then everyone followed Samuel up the stairs to look at the floors.

Authors note: sorry for the wait, but here is the aftermath of magic being released to the world.