XV. nayi shuruwat

sumedh :

After pretending to be indifferent to how her long straight hair constantly fell over her face and how co incidentally both of us were twinning, and how even after years I was awestruck at how she still spoke the same way -

She left.
Assured that I was investing in her venture.

"Professionalism ka naam suna hai Summu ji?", Diwan asked, knowing full well I wouldn't have invested in my sane mind.
"Bhaad mein jaye.", I said simply.
"Bhabhi hai woh aapki."
"Then I'm a bhabhi person, Diwan. Shut up and stop ruining my mood.", I snapped at him.

"You know she'll never be yours.", Diwan sighed.

Time for some dhasu dialoguebazi.

I cleared my throat.
"Paane ke liye kaun kambakth ishq karta hai.. humne toh sirf unhe durr se chahne ki ibadat ki hai..
Radha banna toh kabhi tha hi nehi kismat mein.. humein toh bas Meera banne ki chahat ki hai.."

And then I flashed a classic "mai hero hu" smile.
"Aur shayri karne ka khyal kab aaya?", Diwan asked, knowing how dead by poetic skills actually were.
"Bas.. jabse suna ki ex step dad ne mom ko shayri karke impress kar diya tabse.", I stood up, settling my suit.

"Aur aage ka kya plan hai?", Diwan asked sighing.

"Ab ex step mom se milkar ex step behen ke saath ice cream khaane ka programme hai.", I said slipping out from behind the desk.
"Ek second.. you mean Kavya?"
"Obvio. Gotta know some in-depth family history.. kitna saara first class drama, semi circle wale jhagde miss kar diye maine.", I said with a wink and walked out of the cabin.

anupamaa :

The more I thought about it, the more it clogged my mind.
I felt exhausted of my own self.

Working at the restaurant, my mind was wandering off to the good old memories of Anuj.
The first meet, his shayaris, so charming.
So perfect.
Exactly like I had ever dreamt of.
Yet, now I stood on the ashes of that perfect relationship.

And somehow, I found myself blaming for it.
Or maybe, it wasn't as perfect as assumed.

I finally picked the last piece of utensil and slipped it into the dishwasher.

"A?", I heard Vikram bhai.

"A.. should I leave? I mean you're here, work's almost done and well..", He indicated at Mister Shah, still pretentiously on his laptop, acting like he was doing the multiverse's job while actually glancing at me occasionally.

And he thought I wouldn't notice.

I nodded, forcing a smile.
Vikram bhai nodded warmly and left.
Yashdeep sir had informed me that finally, Yashpal sir was coming back.
And that, in no way, could be any good news.
He wouldn't tolerate my casual leaving, giving people closures and coming back late.

And my ex husband staring at me from across the restaurant while gulping down tea like there's no tomorrow.

Good for me that way, because atleast that would free me from all the excess attention Mister Shah bothered to give me.
Somehow his confession of love, seemed so distant to me.
Why would he, after all these years, decide to fall in love with me?
Not Kavya, fine. But why me?