cabin fever

drew and i were away on our yearly cabin trip that our families have done together since we were little kids

drew and i were away on our yearly cabin trip that our families have done together since we were little kids. this was always my favorite time of the year because, being up in the mountains, we were able to escape reality. no internet and no outside world to disrupt my perfect bubble.

growing up, drew and i did everything at the cabin together. we spent our childhood going paddleboarding, playing board games, fishing, and stargazing. once we reached college, i watched drew bring along a different girl to the cabin every year. it made me irritated every time, and i hated that he brought random girls to our cabin.

this was, thankfully, the first time in years that he hadn't brought a new girl. i was relieved because it finally felt like a sense of normalcy had been brought back to our cabin trip.

our families have had a long tradition of enjoying a large dinner our first night at the cabin, and after stuffing our faces, drew and i laid down on the couch together to watch our annual harry potter series binge. we were both shoveling strawberry ice cream in our mouths, and i laughed at him every time he screamed that he was getting a brain freeze.

"maybe save some ice cream for me and you won't be in pain," i laughed, throwing a pillow at his face. he threw his head back in laughter and messily shoved another huge spoonful into his mouth. i tore the tub of ice cream out of drew's arms, which caused him to pout his lip out at me.

i grabbed a large spoonful of ice cream and stuck it in my mouth. i moaned at its strawberry sweetness. i struggled to eat the monster scoop of ice cream, and it dripped all over my mouth. i laughed, choking on the ice cream.

drew chuckles at my hysterical state, "you're a mess." with the corners of his mouth curled in a smile, he took his thumb and wiped the melted ice cream off my lips. i loudly swallowed in shock at his gesture.

i quietly sat back and set the tub of ice cream next to me. i zoned off at the tv as i played back in my head the feeling of his finger swiping over my bottom lip. i turned my head to see the look on his face, and he sat there, completely unfazed.

"i swear, the goblet of fire is the best harry potter movie," he commented, his eyes not breaking away from the screen. i stared at him, wishing i could grab his face and smash his lips against mine.

i began to stare at his lips, imagining what they would feel like. if they would be smooth, if he knew how to use his tongue, or if his lips would fit perfectly against mine. i was broken out of my daze by him lifting his arm in the air and saying, "can you come cuddle with me?"

looking back up from his lips, he was giving me the classic drew puppy dog eyes. i slowly made my way over to him, and i laid my head on top of his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around my waist. he slipped a blanket over us, and his actions made me all the more flustered.