breakfast in bed

i had been fighting a cold for the past week and it didn't seem like it was going to get any better

i had been fighting a cold for the past week and it didn't seem like it was going to get any better. the cough, the headaches and the runny nose seemed almost permanent. drew had been gone the past month in charleston filming, so i didn't have my usual caretaker tending to my every need. i woke up to the sound of a cabinet closing which made me immediately shoot up in bed out of fear. i was home alone for a month and i wasn't expecting drew to come home for another three days.

grabbing my heavy water bottle, i tiptoed out of bed towards the sound. peering around the corner, i saw drew in the kitchen frying up eggs. dropping my water bottle out of excitement, i ran up to him and jumped into his arms.

"i had no idea you were coming back so early, you scared the crap out of me," i exclaimed, wrapping my legs around his body. i can feel his laugh tickle my neck. i missed everything about him. his cologne, his laugh, his warm hugs. everything.

setting me down and brushing my unruly hair out of my eyes, he remarked, "were you about hit me with your water bottle?"

"i thought someone was trying to break in, i didn't know what else to grab," i pout, sticking my lip out at him.

grabbing my lip with his fingers he softly chuckled and said, "i've missed you and that pout so much."

i wrapped my arms around his neck in response. the warm embrace brings me the comfort i've needed since i've been sick. he enveloped his strong arms around my back tightly and squeezed me into his body so firmly i never wanted him to let go. once drew heard my sniffles in his neck he pulled me back and demanded, "get your cute butt back to bed. i wanted to make you breakfast in bed, my sick girl."

i smile and nodded quickly and listened to his demands by turning around and heading back to my bedroom. drew sneakily smacked my behind as i turned to walk away, and it caused a small giggle to escape from my mouth.

snuggling back into bed, any sense of being sick felt like it had left me. maybe my body just needed drew. burying myself under the blankets, i smiled to myself, feeling so grateful that i scored the best boyfriend in the world. i peered over the bedsheets and i watched him bring in a tray of orange juice, eggs, bacon and pancakes. my favorite.

he walked it over to my side of the bed and sat it down in front of me. drew planted a soft kiss on my forehead, i smiled back up at him. "thank you, honey," i softly said back, looking up into his sweet baby blue eyes. sliding into bed with me he stole a bite of my bacon.

"hey, that's mine," i teased. laughing at my response, he wrapped his arms around my cold body. bringing me onto his chest, he took a deep breath in satisfaction.

"i've missed this so much. i can't go that long without seeing you again," he softly uttered, his chest moved my head up and down with every word.

burying my head deeper into his chest, my stomach filled with butterflies. even though i've been with him for so long, the butterflies never went away. "i missed you so much. please don't leave me like that again," i replied, looking up at him.

planting a soft kiss on my lips, he pulled back and looked deeply into my eyes, "never."

we continued to lazily lie in bed, finishing the breakfast he made for me. we then spent the rest of the day snuggling in bed giving each other soft kisses while i listened to drew telling me how beautiful he thinks i am, even when i'm sick.

drew starkey - imaginesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara