chapter 17

Kenny's pov

It was the next day, and as part of our new routine, Butters and I make out in the art room, and then meet there again for lunch. We plan on telling our friends later in the week.

"Here." Butters smiled, handing me a bag with food.

  "Babe, you didn't have to pack me my own lunch." I said.

  "I wanted to," he smiled, "if I'm your boyfriend, I wanna do what I can to make sure I can help!"

  "Well, thank you." I kissed his cheek.

-

  We were in the parking lot after school, and I leaned in, pressing a kiss to his lips.

  "Not that I didn't enjoy that," Butters began, once we pulled away, "but I thought we weren't gonna be public about it until Friday?"

  I just shrugged, "Why not just get out in the open?"

  "You sure you're okay with that?" Butters asked.

  "Yeah, as long as you're okay with being seen with me." I said to him.

  "I am." He smiled, kissing me again.

Kyle's pov

  I walked out to the parking lot, meeting with Stan.

"Hey babe." I smiled at him.

"Hey," he smiled back, "I thought Kenny was straight." He said.

"What are you talking about? He is." I lied.

"Then, why is he kissing Butters?" Stan asked, motioning ahead of him.

I looked, and sure enough, Kenny was kissing Butters.

  "What the fuck?!"

  "Why do you care?" Stan asked.

Shit I didn't mean to say that out loud.

  "I don't!" I quickly lied, "I just thought that Kenny was our friend, like, we came out to him, why couldn't he come out to us?"

I was honestly kind of hurt. Kenny would always say he's not relationship material but now he's in a relationship with Butters? What does he have that I don't?

"I don't know," Stan shrugged, "maybe he just didn't see it as a big deal to come out. I'm just kinda surprised he's with Butters."

"Yeah... me too." I said.

"So you're still coming over later, right?" Stan asked.

"Yeah," I gave him a half smile, "definitely."

-

I was with Stan, making out in his room of course.

  "You okay Kyle?" Stan asked me.

  "Yeah," I told him, lying, "why wouldn't I be?"

"You just kinda seem...off." Stan said.

I sighed, "I'm just...I don't really feel like I'm the mood right now."

"Why didn't you just say so?" He asked, "You know I'd be okay with that."

  "I don't know...I'm sorry." I told him.

  "Don't be sorry," Stan started, "you wanna just lay down and watch a movie?"

  I felt so bad. Stan has no idea I'm so hung up on Kenny. I thought I was actually getting over him, but seeing him kissing someone else, I knew then that I wasn't.

"Yeah, sure." I gave him a small smile.