Jake smirks as his black forked tongue flicks out for a second.

Over at Lucifer's home, he stands hunched over a desk making something as he snarls.

"That's it... Almost there..." Lucifer mutters, there are stacks of rubber ducks in boxes and tubs behind him. "Now presenting..." he turns around and holds up a duck. "The magic-tastical back flipping rubber duck." The duck back flips. "Haha! That spits fire!" The duck shoots fire from its mouth. "Hoo hoo hoo! Hold the applause please, okay. Oh, thank you, thank you. Oh god, who am I kidding? This sucks!"

Lucifer throws the rubber duck at his family portrait and looks sad

Lucifer throws the rubber duck at his family portrait and looks sad. Suddenly his ringtone plays, he picks up his phone, and was shocked who was calling him.

"Daughter? Daughter! Daughter calling?! OH! uhm, uh,-" Lucifer starts practicing greeting his daughter. "-uh hello, Charlie. He-ey, hey, hey Char-Char. No, no! That's not good. Oh, this is the first time she's called you in years. Yes, that has to be perfect." He takes a deep breath before he picks up the phone. "Hey~ Bitch!"

Intercut conversation between Lucifer and Charlie during the phone call from the hotel to his house.

"Hi, Dad." Charlie greets.

"Hey! How are you? Oh ho ho. Where-where are you these days?"

"You know where I am Dad." Charlie says in slight annoyance. "I've told you before."

Lucifer looks at a duck in his hand. "You have? Oh, yeah, uh, well, you know, I um uh-"

"I told you when you called me five months ago, or did you not listen?"

Lucifer sets down the duck and grabs his cane, twirls it, then walks towards the middle of his room. "No, no, no, no. Just, you know, just forgot. You know, I've been really busy, you know, with, um, important things." He kicks a rubber duck.

Charlie looks towards Angel and Sir Pentious. "Well, I'm actually running a hotel to rehabilitate sinners. Maybe you saw our commercial?"

"We have a commercial?" Jake asks as he sets his coffee mug down. "...What'sssss a commercial?"

Lucifer picks up another duck. "Oh, sadly, I missed it. Heh heh." He sets the duck down. "You know Ihaven't been watching much TV lately. Scrambles the brain." He makes silly noises. "But hey! A hotel, fun."

Charlie sighs. "Listen, Dad, I've got... kind of a big ask."

Lucifer coughs on some of his tea, and sets it down. "Yeah, of course. Anything in my power is yours for the asking."

"I need to speak to Heaven." Charlie says with determination. "Well, whoever's in charge up there, above Adam, above anybody. I need to go to the top."

Jake leans over to Husk. "Honestly, I think she's an Asinego for trying this."