Chapter Forty-One

Selling tickets would have been way more enjoyable if it had just been Spencer, Dillon, Kia, Asher and me. Everything would had went smoothly, no tension, no awkwardness, just pure vides. Minus the attitude that Dillon has with Spencer. But with Jordan and Olivia, it made everything awkward, conversation that started to happen died down seconds after. I wasn't over Jordan's comment the other day about "life been lifing," and I'm over trying to understand why Olivia's acting so weird and distance.

Eventually when the tension was just too much for Kia, she decided that we break off into a groups of two's to finish selling off the rest of the tickets quicker. Anything to end this little social event moment, and because we need to sell the rest of them before tonight because that's when Coop's performing. Kia and I went split off together, she knew that I definitely needed to get away from the brother and sister duo.

I started becoming piss off just being near them.

Patience had me thrown for a minute when she said she thinks I could be in love with Jordan, did some deep thinking on that but that's completely out the window. Anytime we're around each other, then and now, it's always some type of problem that we're having or I'm biting my tongue so we don't have a problem. I'm trying to make things work, but wanting to be with somebody isn't enough to keep a relationship.

"I can't believe that they closed Smitty's to put this up." I shake my head as I stare at the sign. "Buncho-o Fro-yo. Stupid name for a stupid snack."

"I know right." Kia shakes her head. "We use to go to Smitty's to celebrate everything, even the littlest things. Birthdays, passings tests, winning games, periods finally ending. And now it seems one-by-one all our memories are closing, I wonder what's next."

"Hopefully this place." I gesture to the frozen yogurt shop. "Like what's the difference between regular yogurt and frozen yogurt. It's like eating liquid ice cream."

"That is not the same thing, and you know that."

"So, tell me the difference then." I cross my arms and wait for her to answer, she opens and closes her mouth but the answer never comes. "Exactly."

Pulling open the door, I didn't even take a step inside when I hear Spencer yelling at Dillon, "Ight, now that's enough! Stop it! I've been giving you a pass all day, but I'm done, you hear me? You're not the only person who somebody, Dillon."

"Spencer." I hiss, I know Dillon's been giving Spencer the cold shoulder for a minute now, but to talk to him like that in front of everybody wasn't right. No matter what he said.

"I'm sorry, Dee." Spencer sighs, running a hand over his face. "I didn't mean to talk to you like that."

"You know what?" A woman says, as she rounds the counter. "I think it's time for all of you to leave."

"What?" Olivia chuckles, but there was no humor behind her laugh, her eyes darting around the room. "We just got here?"

"Well, as the owner, I reserve the right to dismiss you from the premises." The woman says. "I don't want to have any problems with you people? Just please go, all right?"

"You people?" I scoff.

"Sam—" The words barely leave Jordan lips before I cut him off.