Chapter 11

"You got one pepperoni," Spencer sets the box on the table. "Enjoy."

The girl opens the box when she suddenly gasp, covering her mouth with her hands as she looks at the boy beside her. "You have a pizza my heart, Gabby." The guy says. "Be my hoco date?"

"Oh, brother." I roll my eyes, turning my attention to the my drink. "Everything's so dramatic over here."

"You didn't think that was cute?" Olivia ask, clearly gushing over the proposal. I shake my head. "Do y'all or not have Homecoming back in Crenshaw?"

"No, we do. But we don't take it this serious. It's just a dance."

"You wouldn't want Jordan to give you a Homecoming or Prom proposal like that?"

"I wouldn't want anybody to give me a proposal like that. Too cheesy. Literally."

The door opens in Layla walks inside, I watch as Spencer watches her, and how Olivia watches him. It's clear that Olivia's still hurt over seeing Layla kiss Spencer knowing that she liked him, and at one point tried to set them up together. It's wrong but then again so was sleeping with Asher and not saying anything, I won't say karma but sometimes what goes around comes back around. Layla's basically doing the same thing Olivia's doing to her, she just doesn't know it. Which is more than likely why Olivia isn't too upset about it anymore.

Whether drunk, high, or sober, I would never do that to any of my friends and they would never do that to me. And if they were to ever do that to me, I wouldn't be sitting here meeting up with them to pretend everything's all right. I would have dropped them as a friend and moved on from the boy in a heartbeat. It's girl coded to never date or sleep your friend's ex, or anybody they liked. Beverly friendship is weird.

"Hey, ladies." Layla greets as she approaches the table, when it was too clear that she wasn't going to sit beside Oliva, I scoot down the booth. "What are we talking about?"

I look over at Olivia, this is the chance for her to bring it to the table. But instead of addressing Layla kiss, she addresses another kiss. "When I got home after China's performance, Jordan and Sam were practically eating each other faces in the pool."

Disappointment was an understatement of how I feel.

Layla opens her mouth in shock, dramatic. "Omg! Does this mean you two are dating now?"

"Uh, no." I decline. "It was just a kiss. Do you date everybody you kiss?"

Seeing how you kissed Spencer and not dating him, but I kept that comment to myself.

"I guess not." Layla mutters, her eyes dart over to Olivia then back at me before she clears her throat and ask, "Okay, what colors are you ladies wearing? I'm wearing white."

Olivia presses her lips together before saying, "Red."

This is ridiculous.

"Olivia saw you kissing Jordan." I announce, rather deal with this than that awkward tension.

Guilt immediately washes over Layla's face, she turns towards Olivia. "I am so sorry."

"It's fine." Olivia shrugs. I did all that just for her to tell her it was fine? Like she didn't come home crying? I sipped on my flat soda to keep myself from talking. "Look, I liked him, but he likes you. I'd say one of us deserves to get the happy ending except you don't look so happy."

Beverly girls are so weird.

Layla sighs. "I feel like I should tell Asher the truth, but I also know when that happens everything goes to hell. What should I do?"