The soles of her khusse remained glued onto the steps, fashionably lingering beneath the archway trellis of jasmine.

''Meerab.'' The octave rose.

She didn't budge. He could have atleast given a warning rather than leaving her along in the honeymoon house that had been left purposefully empty; and had been well utilised accordingly. But now it was lonely.

Like a wall, he approached behind her, gently securing his hand onto her wrist to get her to turn. When she did, a breath caught in his throat, her beauty was a sight to behold, gently bewitching yet cross.

''Kya hua Meero?'' He asked so endearingly at the show of her being naraaz. (What happened the?)

''The petals are drying. The floor needs to be cleaned,'' she explained as if it were a pressing issue, like he needed to instruct someone to clean the mess of their honeymoon decorations.

''Isliye mere bulane pe nahi aayi?'' (Is that why you ignored my call?)

''Main taiyaar ho ke baithi hun tumhare intezar mei. Aap late ho,'' she explained, realising too late that she had partially let him off the hook. (I have gotten ready and sat around waiting for you. You are late.)

He winced at his own sin and then realised, ''Aap?'' (You?)

''...late ho,'' she stressed haughtily. ''Ghari kaam nahi kar rahi? Keh dete ke hum baad mein chale jayenge?'' (... are late. Was your watch not waiting. Could you not schedule it better?)

''Panchayat mein waqt jaane ka pata bhi nahi laga.'' (I got busy at panchayat and didn't realise the time passing.)

She shrugged her shoulders back. ''Panchayat mujhse zyada ehm hai? Do ghante ho gye hain Murtasim,'' she scowled adorably.  (Is panchayat more important than me. It's been two hours Murtasim.)

''I'm sorry jaaneman,'' he muttered against pinned up hair, the loose pieces holding him captive, tracing his face like a delicate feather. ''You know I've never been good with planning,'' he whined, his hand reaching back for a flower. He tugged sharply and then hovered the bud besides Meerab's face; cool petals pecking her cheek, the tickle forcing her to giggle.

''Murtasim, tum aise --,'' (Murtasim, you can't —)

''Behtar,'' he slyly hummed and Meerab quickly retrieved it to obstruct further assault that made her succumb to melting easily. (Better.)

''Main naraaz hun,'' she reminded, but the soft warm aura she emanated made the act weak. (I am upset with you.)

''Kya karun naraazgi khatam karne ke liye?'' (What shall I do to attain your forgiveness?)

''Meri baat maano,'' she declared boldly, her nose lifted a little, fully utilising her role as his Khaani so that she exuded control— over him at atleast. (Listen to me.)

''Yahan to pehle se hi sirf Meerab ki marzi chalti hai,'' he shot back in a quip that was as smooth as a polished pearl, pleased with himself. (Everything already runs according to your direction.)

She bit her lip to force the smile to halt, darkening a shade from the edge of her teeth, under his already watchful gaze. ''Gaari chalao,'' she commanded in a heartbeat. (Start the car.)

''As you wish,'' he obliged, coming around to open her car door until she slipped in. The second was taken to lean in and press his lips into her, in a manner that was equal parts endearing and demanding, assuring that he was only so malleable for her.

Then he circled the vehicle and they left, revving over soft country road.

--------------------------------------------