29 - Maami

'Hafeez' is cast as Bilal Ashraf in my head 😁

Murtasim came home early from his duties in the gaon, the knowledge of the schools anniversary meant that he was unable to stay away from the celebration - or an intense yearning roused to see Meerab in the habitat that she ordained, even if it was over just a couple of kids.

After getting his mother's blessing, he found Noori in a periwinkle preppy dress with poofy cupped sleeves. Her sleek hair pulled into 2 pony tails that had ringlets flowing adorably. ''Tum bhi aa rahi ho?'' He asked, watching the glimmer in her eyes at the prospect of a party. (Are you coming too?)

''Han ji, maine bhi gubbaron se khelna hai,'' she replied, practically bouncing on her tiptoes. A plushy doll dangled from her arm. (Yeah, I want to play with the baloons too!)

''Tum feeta kaatogi?'' He offered, wondering if she could even hold the oversized scissors that they intended to use. (Are you going to cut the ribbon?)

''Haan, aur jhoole pe bhi main hi pehle baithungi,'' she confidently corrected. It was midday, the sun-rays heating the living room. (Yes and I will sit on the swings first.)

''Mateen tumhare baghair rehle ga,'' he teased the little big sister. Mid twirl, his gaze locked onto something sparkling on the doll. (Will Mateen stay without you?)

''Mama hai, aur Mai bhi, to thodi derr reh lega mere baghair,'' she assured in a business-y tone, everything figured out. (Mummy is at home, and Mai too. So he can stay a while without me.)

The toy was grasped with both hands as a maid placed a coat upon Noori, and Murtasim kneeled to see it up close, and his suspicions confirmed. ''Noori, yeh necklace kahan se mila?'' (Where did you find the necklace?)

Mariyum neared on the strange question and peered down at his concern. ''Noori, yeh necklace kahan se mila?'' She echoed, but her voice lighter and confused. It was sparkled, the gold was polished for a opulent shine as if it was genuine. (Noori, where did you find this necklace?)

''Mere kamre mein mila mama, to gudiya ko pehna diya,'' she replied, thinking it was just a coincident. (I found it in my room mummy, so I placed it on my doll.)

''Par mera to nahi hai,'' Mariyum clarified. ''Dikhao,'' she asked. The doll was handed over, the diamanté necklace around its head was obviously misplaced. (But it dosent belong to me. Show me.)

Clearing the confusion, Murtasim stood by his sister to inform, ''mujhe lagta hai ke yeh Meerab ka necklace hai.'' There was an undertone of apprehension in taking something away from Noori. (I think this necklace belongs to Meerab.)