Chapter 6: Trapped with a troubled Cleric

Start from the beginning

Casting a healing magic on someone is different than casting regular magic. It is almost like if she messed up the spell, her healing magic would turn into a deadly magic. It can poison, destroy the insides or even kill her ally.

She doesn't want that..... And luckily, Y/n knows that too.

Y/n: You know, you should take breaks too.

Soara continues to look at him as she was confused. This gave Y/n the signal to explain.

Y/n: Sheesh, casting healing magic is a lot harder than anyone can think. I did my research about it, but I can't understand it at its fullest unless I have gone through that same position.

Soara just watches as she begins to tear up. Normally she wouldn't express any emotions to anyone and most of the time, it was forced. Even with her best friend Lisa and Toru. But now, she felt warm. Not only that, but she also felt a bit of happiness. It is like she finally heard the words she was yearning to hear.

Y/n: If you don't relax, you would just exhaust yourself. But don't blame yourself if you couldn't save the people. It is a tough job for a cleric to do so. Everyone party has an important role, you know?

This was it. Soara couldn't bear it anymore. Her heart was aching and know she is finally crying. Not tears of sadness, but tears of happiness. Y/n was surprised as he looks for something she could use to wipe her face.

Y/n: C-Crap, here use my handkerchief. Don't worry I washed it beforehand-

Before Y/n could finish his sentence. Soara grabs Y/n and hugs him. Y/n was shocked but decided to leave it be. Though she was blushing.

Soara: Y-You made me like this. So, you must take responsibility.

Y/n nods as he returns the hug as he slowly pats her back. He then thought of something.

Y/n: (How long has nobody said that to her? Did Toru even tell her this?)

Before they could continue, the cellar door swings open. Luckily both Y/n and Soara let go of each other as they look up at the door. It was Nei and Lisa.

Nei: Shoot! Your right! I am so sorry Soara!

Nei said as she ran to Soara, ignoring Y/n as she hugs her and comically cries. Y/n sighs as he went up to Lisa. Who was giving him a cute pout.

Lisa: You had me worried! Geez!

Y/n: Sorry. The cellar door was locked, and I couldn't get out.

Lisa: Well, it is fine. It wasn't your fault anyways. Did you get the spice?

Y/n: ....

Lisa: ... You forgot about the spice. Didn't you?

Y/n chuckles awkwardly as he went back in and get the spice. Lisa sighs as Soara walks up beside her. Nei had already left after apologizing.

Lisa took a look at Soara and she was surprise. Soara was smiling. Although it was her usual smile (*Cough* That small kuudere smile) it almost looked genuine. No, it really is genuine.

Lisa: Woah Soara. I never seen you smile like that.

After that comment, Soara stopped smiling.

Soara: I don't know what you are talking about.

Lisa: Aww! Come on! It is cute!

Soara: No.

Lisa: Please!

Soara: No.

Lisa: Please!

Soara: No.

Lisa: Please!

Soara: No.

Y/n: Okay I am back.

Lisa sighs but left it alone. She was happy that her best friend can express her emotions naturally, instead of it being forced.

Both Y/n and Lisa heads back to the kitchen, getting ready to resume their cooking. Soara once again stares at Y/n.

Soara: (He has changed.... No doubt about it)

Soara then felt a gust of wind as she looks up to see two dove fly side by side together. Flying off to distance.

Soara: (My heat is beating....)

It was now the light festivals. Everyone in the town were having a blast, feeling festive.

Y/n was seen with Toru and Liham as they were drinking juices.

Y/n: So Toru. Why haven't you gone out with Lisa?

Toru: Huh? What makes you think I like Lisa?

Y/n: I mean... Aren't you two close?

Toru: Doesn't mean that I like her.

Y/n nods as he was surprised. So, every event changed.

Toru: What about you Liham? Have anyone special?

Liham: H-Huh? I have this friend at home.

Y/n: Woohoo boy.

Both Y/n and Toru begins to tease Liham as he continues to blush and stutter. Off on the otherside of the dance floor was the girls. Soara was staring at Y/n as she nonchalantly drinks her juice. Ashe decided to speak to her.

Ashe: Something on your mind?

Soara: ... No, I was just daydreaming.

Ashe: Of someone?

Soara didn't say anything, but she nods.

Soara: Yeah... He is somebody that I can trust. Somebody I.... like.

This caught all the girl's attention.

Nei: Oooh! Who?!

Lisa: I am curious to know as well.

Rei: Well, it wouldn't hurt to know.

Soara closes her eyes a bit as she smiles a bit again. This time she understood what her heart is telling her.

Soara: Very well. It is.... Y/n.

This silence the table. Then-

Girls: HUH?!

3 out of the 4 of them were jealous. Nei wasn't but shocked since we haven't started her chapter of liking the story.

Well, that is a lot of fourth wall breaking. Gonna need a lot of flex tapes.

By the way, this was purposefully written in a third person's p.o.v because I want the chapter to focus more on Soara's p.o.v and his thoughts.

Anyways, Happy Valentine's day. Light out