I dropped my hand and cleared my throat while taking a step back.

"Let's start,"

Koa nodded slowly.

"Start where?"

I reached into my pocket and pulled out a single pen, holding it directly in front of him.

His eyes examined the pen, and then he looked up at me.
"Is this a joke?"

I huffed and dropped the pen. "Pick it up." I simply said and watched as he bent down and grabbed the pen from the floor.

He handed it to me, and I dropped it again.

"Lift the pen with your powers, not your hands," I instructed, and he looked at me with his brows inwards.

Like me, Koa had powers beyond our wolf nature.

"How do I do that? You do remember I didn't get a manual with my powers, right?" He said and crossed his arms.

I moved to stand behind him, gliding my hands around his folded ones, unfolding them.

Koa slightly shivered at our contact, and that made me smirk.

I extended his arms above the pen.

"Focus on lifting the pen," I said and removed my hands from his.

Koa nodded and squinted his eyes, giving it his all.

I looked down at the pen, and it was still on the ground. Koa started to make weird noises and curled his fingers inwards, but still nothing.

"This isn't working." He dropped his hands dramatically and looked up at me.

I blinked.

"Try again,"