"Where did you get this?" I turned with the necklace in my hand to look at Azura.

"I found it - and slapped a chain on it, perfect gift," she said with her mouth full of cake.

"Do you not like it?"

"I love it." it was absolutely beautiful.

"Thank you." I smiled at her, and she returned it, her cheeks pushing out like a chipmunk.

I placed the necklace around my neck and walked over to the kitchen island, and sat on a stool.

Azura and I exchanged a few words, and then I told her I was going to take a shower.

" Hey, did you hear that tonight is the infamous blue moon?" Azura asked as she continued to stuff face.

I took a shower and came back, and she was still eating.

"No, what's that?" I asked her.

"It's when the moon is super super blue and alphas get stronger and magical doors open and blah blah blah," she said nonchalantly.

Alphas getting stronger, I could wrap my mind around, but magical doors opening was just pathetic.

We continued to talk some more, and then azura said she had to go into town to get supplies for her parents. I decided to follow her.

Many people were lined up with their goods, and as we passed by, they would ask if we wanted something.

I looked at everything without touching because I didn't like to put it back down and not buy it.

A sweet aroma was in the air.

I wondered who was selling perfume. I could get some for my mother.

As we walked further, the smell got stronger.

It smelt like pinecone. Amazing, I needed that perfume. " Do you smell that?" I asked Azura, and she turned to me with a look of confusion.

"The cabbages?" She pointed to the little old lady that was selling cabbage soup, and I shook my head.

"No, even better."  The scent was strong, and it made my knees weak.

It was coming closer, and my heart was drumming in my chest. A bile formed in my throat when I saw just who that scent belonged to.

The one word I never thought I would say towards a guy I hate rung through my head.

Mate.

"Kalex," I softly said. We were now staring right at each other.

I felt a sharp zap on my chest, but I ignored it. The king was my mate. I Mizuki had a mate of such high status.

Now that I'm looking at him, he was even more attractive than before.

His muscles, the shirt, was wrapped nicely around them. I trailed my eyes up to his face.

A thousand bricks dropping on me would still not hurt like the look on his face hurt me.

He looked disgusted?

Immediately, the tears formed in my eyes. I watched as he whispered something to his friends, which caused them to look at me.

They started to walk in my direction, and I quickly searched for Azura. Once I spotted he,  I started to push through the crowd of people to get to her.

A strong hand covered my mouth, and I tried to scream, but it was muffled.

My tears fell as Kalex's friends dragged me away. All I could do was struggle in their hold and watch Azura's figure get further and further away.