Chapter 2: Divine intervention

(9 months has passed)

It has been 9 months after the birth of Issei Hyoudou Asmodeus. A lot has happened when the baby hybrid was born with the first one being with the special item that Ryu had placed in his own son to stabilize his power.

Asmodeus had worked on it the last few months before the baby was going to be born. It was created from the crystal found in the Agreas island which were extremely powerful and potent that Asmodeus used it to create a special sealing gem to separate Issei's demonic powers and the unknown power that the blood of God gave Issei when he was born.

Asmodeus along with the other devils who were waiting were knocked out from the sheer pressure upon the birth. Ryu exclaimed that he felt power unlike any other he has met apart from God himself. This confirmed Asmodeus' theory that Issei indeed inherited some kind of special power that was different and far more powerful than other angels.

Luckily, the special sealing crystal did its job by separating and sealing away Issei's powers without the risk of them coming into conflict within Issei's power which would keep him safe.

Asmodeus has named this crystal: The twilight orb. It was similarly to the Satanic arms he and the other devil kings had created in the past before sealing them away too for their overwhelming power.

However, there was 1 downside to sealing Issei's powers. Because of the major risk that the mixed powers in his blood would react. The Twillight heart completely seals away Issei's powers without him having the ability to use it. Which meant that Issei won't be able to use his demonic power until Asmodeus finds a better solution.

Asmodeus had told everything to his daughter after the birth which resulted in the devil king and the strongest hero getting a deserved dose of torture from the Queen of nightmares but Luminous understood their reason after almost killing both her husband and father.

Issei's existence was of course hidden from the public as even if they would lie about Issei being a pure-blooded devil. The fact that Issei didn't have an ounce of demonic energy at the moment, it would result in him being seen as a mistake and a disgrace as a devil.

Neither Luminous or Asmodeus cared about that Issei had demonic energy or not. They both had a strong connection to their latest family member as Luminous had to admit that she truly loved her son which was unexpected for some as Luminous wasn't known for being a caring person apart from a very few. And even if she cared, Luminous was still a cold-hearted sadistic murderer deep within.

Then there were the select few that knew of Issei's existence and hid it from their own families. Lilith being Issei's grandmother, was already spoiling her little grandson rotten even for a new born much to Luminous dismay. Katerea and Serafall both became like aunts to Issei as both regularly had arguments about how to properly care for Issei which resulted in them meeting a death glare of the second head of the Asmodeus clan.

(AN: Luminous is the current head of the Asmodeus clan while Asmodeus himself is still the devil king.)

Asmodeus himself was still busy with finding a way of helping Issei being able to use his powers in the future. He had multiple reasons to continue his research as the first was obvious as he wanted to help his Grandson to have a better life than the 1, he will currently have with him being planned to live a very sheltered life.

The second was that he wanted to see Issei's full potential come to life. By having both his blood and the blood of the strongest God in existence. Apart from the Dragon Gods of course. That would mean that Issei could very well become someone that could surpass the Almighty himself.

Of course, he wouldn't dare use his grandson as a weapon. His daughter would kill him without a second thought if he even planned it. He was simply curious and lustful to learn what Issei could become.