Day -5

🌹🌹🌹

Bouquets of roses and flowers start to arrive and fill lockers and desks now that less than a week was left before the most-anticipated Valentine's Day.

Brilliant witch Yang Jungwon was one of the most popular monsters; he received love letters asking him to be their valentines as much as bouquets of both wilted and not wilted flowers of all shapes and colors, and even gifts, shamelessly expensive gifts, days prior to Valentine's Day. At least, that was the case for two years. This year was different, and not in a better way.

It seems most will be hating on me this Valentine's... Jungwon thinks absentmindedly as he approaches his locker.

No one was foolish enough to ask for a rejection from the prettiest witch of the school; everyone knew about the mishaps, the broken hearts and rejections, those which were because Yang Jungwon turned down everyone who fell for him, a little while after he started receiving those mysterious, midnight blue letters and a beautifully unique rose with the same mesmerizing color.

Jungwon does not say it but he truthfully thinks that he and that anonymous secret lover of his are exclusive. Especially since Jungwon had come to the conclusion, now truth, that he has long fell for them over simple compliments, a blue rose and heartfelt love letters (those were for the first night of the week, to give him strength).

Tonight, and since it was not the first night of the week, Jungwon opens his locker, and a midnight blue, glimmering paper butterfly flies gently to him. Jungwon blushes, smiles, and curls his index before holding it up for the butterfly. It rests there softly; Jungwon admires, for the nth time, its meticulously made antennas as they flicker like sequins, made by a ribbon that also ties the pretty words hidden inside the paper butterfly. Its wings bat idly, waiting for Jungwon to open it.

Slowly, Jungwon caresses its wings and slides his index and middle finger between them to open it.

'Don't worry, it's alright, I'm here. No one will be laughing at that anymore. I'll make sure of it, my heart. You look so pretty with these new bellflowers earrings '

Jungwon touches the black bellflower dangling from his earlobe. His lover always notices the new little things about him.

Jungwon had not cried the ghost of a teardrop when yesternight, during their potions class, the witches who teamed up with him did him dirty and added some heavy, delusional sapphire mushrooms to the potion without telling him. They had ran away from the cauldron while cackling like pigs, and the cauldron had boasted, with the potion, then dark blue and sticky had exploded all over Jungwon.

The whole accident had not resulted in Jungwon going to the infirmary, yet rather in everyone laughing at a picture of him, sitting on the floor, covered in a strange, blue and sticky texture that, regrettably, looked a lot like Zombie sperm. The picture had been posted and shared with the great public, with obscene tags and subtitles on the socials, notably ISCREAM, the one social media that everyone had.

This February was going all the wrong ways for Jungwon, which was rather pathetic and unfortunate since February was supposed to be Jungwon's month.

A tear falls on the letter, right on the letters 'I'm here' and it blurs them. Jungwon does not cry for the stupid incident or the laughable picture. He only cries when he realizes how deeply he longs for the words 'I'm here' to become true. And he cries at how sweet and loving his anonymous lover sounds.

"- Seems like all these rejections are biting me back..." He sighs, kisses the small piece of paper once and puts it inside the jar that he had specifically bought for these tiny messages. He pushes the jar at the very back of his locker and grabs his textbooks to hide them inside his bag.