13 ~ Birthday party

It was the night of April 11th and as was the norm for Karina, she held a birthday bash at her very spacious and opulent mansion which could easily accommodate the hundred plus guests she intended to invite.

"Enjoy till you are worn out!" Karina cheered loudly after opening a bottle of champagne and letting its foam ooze off her hand. She held it up in the air to reiterate her statement with a meow. The guests laughed. It was endearing to most while others cringed with jealousy.

Music, food, alcohol, gossips, flaunting, there was everything. Amidst all that bustling, Karina took out her phone to see if she got a reply from Jeno. She invited him but he neither came nor replied. So she used her tactic 2.0 :  Winter.

"Jaemin said they are at the restaurant." Winter told Karina when they went to her bedroom to fix their makeup.

"He can't make it then.." She sighed.

"It would have been great if people saw him here, it would create new rumors." Ningning added calculatively.

"By the way, is it true that you kissed Jeno?" Winter asked suddenly while tapping powder on her cheek. She didn't know whether to believe Jaemin or not so she decided to ask.

"What!" Karina shrieked. "Why would I?

"Chill! I'm just asking..." Winter tried to explain herself. But Karina's reaction was either defensive or Jaemin lied.

"Wait..." Karina tried to recall. "Am I forgetting something?" She tried to reason because if its something Jaemin said then it probably came from Jeno.

"What else did he tell you?"

"He just said it wasn't anything serious, you both were drunk."

"Oh my goodness!" Karina cried when the flashbacks came. She could now vividly remember how she was all over him. The challenge, the wish, the kiss, all of it. Her cheeks now a crimson hue with aftermath embarrassment.

"What if he gets weird ideas? He already thinks badly of me." Karina was fidgeting with the hem of her miniskirt.

"Worry about that later. He's not coming anyways." Ningning advises when Karina's phone suddenly rings.

"Where are you now?" Karina asked the caller on the other end.

"Outside your house."

"Wait there Ryujinie. I'll come get you." With that Karina hang up her phone leaving Winter and Ningning in her room.

"You better start saving up Ningie." Winter smirked once Karina left the room.

"It clearly looks like you are winning." Ningning cried in regret. She and Winter have made a bet a few weeks after the Jeno thingy had started.

Out of a hunch, Winter guessed that Karina would fall for Jeno. Ningning saw Karina through most of her relationships, let alone falling first, Karina was never the type to fall in love at all. And not to mention, Jeno was nothing like her exes because Karina had a type, and nerds were either out of or ranked last in this list. So this speculation made by Winter made no sense to her. But now...

"I need to do something." Ningning sighed while letting her body fall on Karina's bed. Her arms stretched to the sides as she did so. Everything this girl did was always dramatic.

"Actually you don't. Na fucking Jaemin is working harder than the devil, making sure Jeno doesn't fall for Karina."

"Damn! I should team up with him then." Ningning rose up suddenly, beaming and plotting.

____________________

"Gi, you came!" Excited to see her friend turn up to her party, Karina ran to embrace her.