5 ~ Pretty... lonely

Hazy clouds blocked the moon from rendering its glow to the darkened sky. Despite city lights being the very cause of these night clouds, it illuminated the path Winter walked on. Noticing a lone star, she tapped on Jaemin's arm and showed it to him.

Her short hair danced to the tunes of the night breeze gracefully, making her look breathtaking.

"Isn't it pretty?" She asked.

"It looks lonely." Came Jaemin's reply.

"That's merely your perception." She turned to look at him.

"You look pretty...." He swept some strands off her forehead, "lonely too."

"Is that too just my perception?" He was now stooping so their eyes were on the same level.

"Huh..." Winter scoffed with a sigh. "Stop being cheesy, Na fucking Jaemin."

She pushed him and he began giggling as he succeeded at flustering her.

"Are we really going to your house or are you leading me to mine?" Jaemin suddenly asked when he realised that they were walking down the exact path he takes home.

"Why would I know where you live? Am not a stalker." She snickered.

"I live there." Winter pointed towards a white bungalow that looked like it had a recent renovation.

"This is quite a surprise... how did we never meet despite living this close and going to the same college?" Jaemin's eyes widened. He deliberately left out the fact that he knew every girl in that neighbourhood. "Well, I live in that tall grayish condominium. You can visit anytime." He smiled at her.

"Oh, do give me a heads up when you are coming, I will call Jeno over." He winked and playfully nudged at her.

Winter rolled her eyes forgetting about the fake deal that she was supposedly in love with Jeno. She had parted her lips to bid Jaemin goodnight, when a voice suddenly called her.

"Oppa..." She said before turning. Only he called her Mincheongie. A combination of Minjeong (her name) and meongcheongie (idiot in korean).

It was Winter's older brother's and probably Jaemin's worst nightmare. He had a bad history of interactions with "older brothers" , they just never liked him from the get go so he cowardly bolted away without saying bye to Winter.

On the other end of the road, Karina and Jeno were taking a rather leisurely stroll. Or rather Karina dragged her steps purposely, so they had more time before they reached the bus stop where she was supposed to hail a taxi from.

It was quiet. An uncomfortable one.

"It's cold." Karina tried again to strike up a conversation with him.

He hummed in reply. Not so gentleman of him but he was only wearing a sweatshirt.

"Oh right. I never got to apologise about the...." She was at a loss of words on what to refer to the misunderstanding they had as. "You know what I'm talking about."

"I really didn't mean to do you like that but I was just frustrated by how straightforward you kept being." She tried to justify herself.

"So you are saying it was my fault?" He finally talked.

"No. I mean it wasn't fully my fault either but... anyways I am sorry..." Her voice became softer and somewhat deeper.

"It's okay. It was my fault too. I shouldn't have talked to you like that infront of people. My bad." He apologised too.

"Great! Now we can start on a clean sheet." She clapped her hands excitedly, her voice higher now. "Hi, my name is Karina."

"Am Lee Jeno." He accepted her handshake. A small smile appearing on his lips due to her enthusiasm.